ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5493131
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

man all of this could have been avoided if strop had just picked one winner... lol

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

man all of this could have been avoided if strop had just picked one winner... lol

If you had said that before strop had made his decision then I would agree with you,but really I think at this point there is not much to avoid,as there just seems to be a misunderstanding of sorts,but it won't make a difference because of the decision cenere made about the situation.In other words since cenere chose to let both of us compete then it really doesn't matter who won the last contest,except if he plans to have a champions exhibit then that could pose an issue for him.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Hmm, well, read wrong, then. But does it matter anyway? New judge, new times?

Okay, I will disappear back to my procastination....

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Okay, I am pretty sure renders are not allowed, but I will have to look it up. A moment, please.

Renders are not allowed. Most artists do not want their renders being redistributed. And YES, posting it here, even if it is just a forum on this site, does count as redistribution. Which is not allowed!

*whisper* and it's not really copyright if you just borrow the image and put your own creative work around it as a background */whisper* lol

Ok... so it is only stealing and copyright if you don't add a background to it? Sorry, but that logic does not fly here. Renders are not allowed to be used in Art Skills competitions.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I checked, Carlie. We know... I think Shin was somewhat ironic about it...
That is why it will not be in the judging...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I think you meant joking... but yeah, I wasn't really confident that it would have been entered for that reason. I'll try again without a render this time. I got a compliment for it anyways, so that at least makes me feel like it was worth something.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I just wanted to make it clear from the beginning. We have had a lot of issues with people trying to pass renders off as original work before. So now we try to be very clear on what we can and cannot accept.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

I've always wondered, could we render our previous entries and works?

I fixed up my entry, but I'm not sure it's done yet. The deadline doesn't seem to be set in stone.

Gabriel's Horn: An Afterword
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/Complications-1.jpg

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I will find your entry geniusly made, Gantic. Really.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I've always wondered, could we render our previous entries and works?

Hmmm, well I guess it depends on how big of a part it plays in your image. If you are reusing the same thing as the main focus, I would say no. Because all entries are supposed to be original, and only started after the theme has been announced. Which is why we do not allow entries that were made before the contest started. But, I suppose if it is a small edition, and that you made the original render, it might be acceptable. Again, it's all in how you use it.
deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

he just added a background to his first entry in this particular theme.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

*pops up from out of nowhere*
BOO!!!
Well, Judgement isn't really mah gig, and the topics are nearly unbearably happy for me, so I haven't really been part of the ASC (ARt Skills Competition) so EXCUUUUSE ME, princess (lol legend of zelda reference :3 XD).
I'll be moar than happeh to see what the next round is gonna be >:3

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Carlie: - I just wanted to make it clear from the beginning. We have had a lot of issues with people trying to pass renders off as original work before. So now we try to be very clear on what we can and cannot accept.

I understand, sorry about the rule infraction ; next time, I'll go fix something up that's completely abstract w/o renders =)
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

alright, a last minute overall crud entry :P

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/scan0013.jpg

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

That pretty much looks like a Ban Axe, lol
But it is a funny entry overall = )