ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5498562
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

It's good mike, but I see a major flaw in it:
It's really hard to see, I may be a light sketcher like you, but you should try sketching a little darker, also, you know the scanner? There should be a thing saying that you can fix it up, choose sharpen and redo distilled colors. That'll help make it darker. Like my lines turn up blue unless I don't do the restore distilled colors thing, lol.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Artemis Fowl books

Yay for Artemis Fowl. Sucks to not have any money...*note to self - Buy Brawl*...

Ohk....so the Danes have a lot of tablets...want to air-mail me one as a late Christmas Present?
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Thats quite a good one MarkReject but maybe add color to it.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

so I can play with Lyra.
Hey Cenere, is Lyra your dog... or cat.... or whatever?/off topic
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Hey Cenere, is Lyra your dog... or cat.... or whatever?

I thought the "Lyra<3" part said it all. I do not have either cat or dog, as I live in a very small flat.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I thought the "Lyra<3" part said it all.
Don't people love their dogs/cats? XD
I do not have either cat or dog, as I live in a very small flat.
Ah okay... Hamster? ;P
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Don't people love their dogs/cats? XD

I guess...

Ah okay... Hamster? ;P

No pets.

Anyway.
Tablet!
Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Uuuuuuuuuuuum....

Tablets, like, Drawing tablet + Clay tablet + Medicine tablets... My head hurts...

Gonna try to find a good idea... brb!

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Here's my entry! I'm feeling sick now...
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9929/image81.png

Hmm... Well, I mixed all tablets. Anyway the guy is some wierd freak who draws reproductions of tablets*, using a tablet**. He is weak and he need energy and concentration, so he takes tablets*** and pills.
Well Cenere, you got what you wanted: Tablets, pills, tablets and tablets.
*: Clay Tablets
**: Wacom Tablet
***: Medicine Tablets
I hope you like my entry

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Uh, gel caps (the two color pills) aren't tablets. Tablets are compacted powders. Gel caps are a container for a liquid, small pills, or powders. They do have caplets though, which are capsule-shaped tablets.

But anyway...

Devolution of Technology and Reinvention of Nature
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/devolutionoftechnology.gif

Gamer4Lyfe
Gamer4Lyfe
105 posts
Nomad

what is tablets?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ogt2...your's almost looks Vector...

Don't get your's Gantic....

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

It's a mouse on a (stone) tablet. Technology is ultimately "devolution" toward the reinvention of nature.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ahk...I understand now...

Here is my entry...I found another type of tablet!

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/tablet.jpg
I may have got the colours wrong.

DISCLAIMER: ANY SIMILARITIES IN KILT COLOURS IS TOTALLY ACCIDENTAL AND I AM NOT TRYING TO PAY OUT ANYONE FROM BRAVEHEART...OR FROM THE PLACE WHERE THEY COME FROM...

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Ogt2...your's almost looks Vector...

I'll take that as a compliment. But what does it mean?
Showing 3136-3150 of 6854