ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5490609
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

hehe kingryan theres soo much security 4 zophia 2 get threw its almost like anti-freedom of speech....BTW for the future....supposly photobucket is blocked for Zophia...DA is all right

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

*jawdrop* Awesomeee~
Absolutely love the details of the face~ And in general it's just awesome~ Squee~

Thankyou, as usual the scanner got hungry. I colored the picture rather darkly to try and compensate.

We kinda agreed on this one. It's lovely simplicity, and portrays one of the very key things of autumn... The falling leaves. Pretty, simple, congrats~

Ahhh, I think I did say that one could win, just didn't know your guys' tendencies towards simplicity.

I wanna say sorry Hec, hope I didn't get your hopes up :..(
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

B) If you were to understand all the reasons I chose a pumpkin..well heres a few.

1. Halloween of course
2. Thanksgiving mmm pumpkin pies/pastries
3. The Color orange and brown represent leaves/ the colors of fall
5. The warmness of the colors also represent family/friends being brought together 4 holidays

Thats the reasons PUMPKIN KING Charlie Brown!!!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hmm...so we are waiting on a theme.

Gantic mine had more feeling behind it....but I'm not that good at expressing.

And Zoph...it is the first to have fallen.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Also interesting twist on your signature.

Yeah, I'm testing out different "styles" for it. .... :P
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

but uhm... It may have taken a fair bit of time, but... Pixie, I know you can draw... Or at least fill out white space... Know you can do better... :<

So I was drunk and lazy... not a good combination lol I'll try better next time.... if there is a next time *waves fist at broken PC*
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Jeez....
Okay, going to be a total jerk and take it from there...

Theme: Ulvesangen]
Deadline: ... ferk.... Saturday 24th

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

So about wolves?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

So about wolves?

No, the song... Listen to the song, read the translated lyrics, get a feeling of whatever the song/melody makes you feel like, draw.
If you want to draw wolves, fine, but the theme itself is not "About wolves", otherwise I would have said that.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Oh well. Some of the song says about a wolf howling,
and the child, and the wind...

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Oh well. Some of the song says about a wolf howling,
and the child, and the wind...

Yes, basically it is a mother singing a lullaby to her child.
The drawing does not have to be directly drawn after the lyrics, but rather you should be inspired by the tune....

As mentioned, total jerk here, but it is better than nothing...
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

but it is better than nothing...

Obviously.

The tune seems sad. If I was the child, I would cry
instead of sleeping.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I know what I want to draw, but I can't draw it.

GrassTrumpet
GrassTrumpet
99 posts
Nomad

Photo manip!
My entry, might get some new, improved updates soon.
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv242/M4tth3wpics/autumncontest.png?t=1255554816

GrassTrumpet
GrassTrumpet
99 posts
Nomad

EDIT: Dang! I am too late! People, please update the thread name. :/

Showing 6181-6195 of 6854