ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4233040
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

You have got Zoph. I am not worth anything compared to any of the other users.

Ok Cenere. Get the feckle out of the emo bin and make an entry. I suck at art and I still do it. So when someone like you is good at it they shouldn't give up, its just pathetic if they do.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Oh, the emo bin.... The place where I sit, crying, cutting.... I cannot do this theme. ANyone can do better than any of my ideas.....

frogger
frogger
116 posts
Nomad

at least try..(please!!!!!! :P )

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Oh, the emo bin.... The place where I sit, crying, cutting.... I cannot do this theme. ANyone can do better than any of my ideas.....

Draw an 'A'. A really pretty 'A'.
frogger
frogger
116 posts
Nomad

draw a monster out of words. ROOAAR!!!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Can't do it.... Can't I just sit here and be ignored.......

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Cen, you told me about some really good ideas you had... But if you don't feel up for entering this week, I really hope it's better next week...
But see, people do care.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I don't think they do.... My ideas were horrible.....

gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

What time will the winner be posted saturday?

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I don't think they do.... My ideas were horrible.....
I think they were good!
What time will the winner be posted saturday?
Ohhh, don't even be sure they'll be posted Saturday. Strop tend to procrastinate it a fair bit, because he is rather busy...

Anyway, I have a grammar entry. I don't feel like explaining how this relates to grammar, so go read the bold text on page seven in this thread: Mazzelh? if you do not understand.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Grammarlesson.jpg

Look at all the confused little tail movements~
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Oh right. Random info about the pic. Sorry for double posting, but I wanna teeeeell youuuu....

That drawing is pretty much opposing my zombie entry in every possibly way, techniquewise. I have no idea how many layers I ended up with on the zombie pic, and adjusted opacity, skewing, complicated lighting and trying to get the solid colours, shadows and highlights to look right...
This mazzelh pic, on the other hand. It is one layer. Lineart briefly scribbled up, where the zombies where first sketched and since drawn properly. Then different brushes on a low opacity to colour. Shadow obtained by adding another layer of transparent colour. Everything done on top of the lines. So simple.

And the worst of this is, I like this one so much more than the zombie thing... Possibly because the simplicity caused me less trouble...
Oh well.

Mazzelh grammar? :3

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Cenere I don't know what it is about AG that makes some people go emo and cynical, while searching for attention. If you have a legitimate problem, then I suggest you don't come on AG unless you are ready to talk about with someone, otherwise I don't think you should be posting depressing posts for no apparent reason other than attention. I am sorry if this sounds forward and harsh but I hate people who post shit that is depressing especially for others. So please talk to someone or just don't, I am available to talk too if you want.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

@Klaushouse:
I totally do that too. Only in waves, and mostly just via my drawings and depressed replies if people ask me how it's going or stuff, but yeah...
At least I think Cenere doesn't do it outside the art section. Or at least more rarely outside it...
But I don't think it's searching for attention as much as it is searching for acknowledgment. And there is a difference.

Btw, why did you just go totally off topic with something that would have made more sense posted on Cenere's profile?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Because I am blatantly lazy. But I don't think we need that here. If you want acknowledgment talk to someone outside of this. Please, when I am having a bad day, which I have I don't start posting it on the forums. I talk to someone privately.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Right now I'm just annoyed because you didn't even say a . about my grammar entry. Where's the wtf expression from the grammar nazi I was hoping for?? D8 *almost just kidding*

Also, would you do me a personal favor and stay off Cenere's back with this if it doesn't get worse/repeats? I'm sure Cen will read what you've posted, and I think it's enough. No more at the depressed critter, please?

Showing 1756-1770 of 6854