ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4213370
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

Thats nice Deth what charctar is it based on?

just a random ninja...

you can probly make it better by zooming out further.
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

just a random ninja...

Right...I thought it had to be a Cartoon Character though, doesn't it?Unless I am completely wrong if I am I apoligize.
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

i have no idea... i just thought it would count

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

It does count, but since I'm here I guess I'm wanting the sense of some epically great (or something) story behind the character. Maybe put him in a title page, or in a scene, or...well it's up to you!

It's one thing to draw a character, it's another to bring it to life in another world.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I know i suck at drawing ^.^

Nut it thought i had better compete in at least ONE of these :P

And sorry, i had to take a photo. My scanner broke...accidentally *he he*

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd295/wilkinsboy/Spongie.jpg?t=1228183875

I don't know how to sizing is going to work out, so i will see :P

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Damn....Click Here

That should work oout nicely...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Cartoon Characters I see.I left for a couple of days and now I find out the Klaushouse finally won a contest,and now we are doing a contest on cartoon characters.I don't know what to do for this one,but if I pull it off right,it could be one of the most original so far.I'm still going to try and put a random Sasquatch reference in there though.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Can the entry consist of what would fit with this hat?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/TheStrangersHat.jpg

I probably might not finish it by the submission deadline.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

There is one thing that fits with that hat, and if I'm wrong I just might get a roundhouse kick to the face.

Submission deadline may be arbitrarily extended, due to my lack of clarity on what this theme is actually about.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

OMG YOU JOINED RICADOR ROFL.

Awesome. I love it.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/idk.jpg

Does that fit the theme?

I have no idea either....

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekingryan

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

ROFL Ricador, how on earth did you come up with that???

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

KingRyan does that really match this weeks theme?Blah it is up to Strop I guess not me.

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

http://ocw.mit.edu/ans7870/4/4.A21/f06/projects/nahathai/images/a%20In%20the%20darkest%20night.jpg
i found this somewhere in the closet

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

thats a cool picture. just the moon? you should have drawn a werewolf or something

Showing 1846-1860 of 6854