ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4232185
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

STTTRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPP!!!! I don't care if you are away or not, give me a damn theme before I steal your banhammer and [censored]!!!!!!!!!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

lol, It's a good thing you stole the banhammer, rumor is, strop hasn't washed his mod cloak in 3 years. Plus, you may fool us to be a jedi strop, but THE FARCE IS NOT WITH U!
*ends oftopic and randomness*
I can't wait till the next theme!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I have not even time to draw anything for the next theme, unless I do it with pencil and paper, and hope the scanner is not moved from its spot underneath the desk... No, I refuse to take my tablet with me.

-I want to be a jedi...- Shaddap...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

lol, may the farce be with you, do none of u get the pun? From what I learned, farce means a parody l ike thing.. . . .but I just heard that from "Farce of the penguins" so yeah. . . .I fail at being informed?
P.S. Hope u get ur scanner, I'm getting mine on x-mas eve ^w^ I'm so [bleep]ing giddy for it. . .ME WANTS MAH SCANNAH >:U

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I got it~~ If I don't get a scanner this Christmas, I am going to buy one myself. I really need one, and it would make my life a little brighter, I guess. After that a extern harddisk and then some roleplying books...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

speaking of role-playing books, I've always wanted to get to DnD, but I could never find a starter pack or group . . . . *ponders*
on topic now. . . . .uhh, crud, I think i'm gonna get da banhammer now. . .lol jk.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hmm, did I just manage to get us off track, or was it you?
Anyway: You should try WoD, I think it might suit your style better than DnD. But of course I can be wrong. And there should be internet groups, if you want to try it out, or if you want to be secure first, I am sure we could make a rpg here. I still have promised 'Suna to teach him how to roleplay, so would be a good opputunity.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

i feel out of my place here lol o.O me no has a tablet or scannahz, only haz me paint

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

do you have a digital camera? that's what I'm currently using instead of a scanner.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/Himg184/scaled.php?server=184&filename=cokestropvg2.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

strop likes coke.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

NO MOAR IMAGESHACK. USE PHOTOBUCKET! D:

That will solve all your broken image problems, and photobucket is actually a very nice free-image hosting service, as long as you don't mind posting images under 1MB and videos under 5MB.

In the 50/50 chance event that I will fail to judge the contest today because I have to go out and help organise the Christmas dinner stuff, I will give you all a new theme. It shall obviously be a Christmas theme. Except it's going to have a little twist on it.

I suspect many of you would rather not be completely innundated with Santa pictures, so let's take Santa out of the picture.

Theme: What's Christmas without Santa?
Deadline: 27th December

I'm giving you a few extra days after Christmas because I assume that many of you will actually lose a day or several in the days surrounding, so that date is slightly plastic.

After that, I'll probably have one more theme for you guys before I leave, and will leave the competition in the hands of...somebody else. I'll think about it later.

Judgment, if it happens, will happen after I return from this round of errands (and probably more fence painting). By then, I will be judging only working images!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

P.S.

before I steal your banhammer and [censored]!!!!!!!!!

I don't know whether I should misbehave or quake in my widdle booties!
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

*wonders if I should declare my ban weapon a tentacle*

That theme is - weird? ^^

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The next part of my story depends on the outcome of this round.

*cough*credit jerk*cough* fst6 told us who does all the work. >
But I don't dare mix Poetry and Art. Or do I? Probably not.
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Well I'm not entering the contest but when I saw that I started thinking about how christmas would be different without Santa, and I doodled this up =)
If Santa Weren't Here...
*Not responsible for IQ drop at sight of bad-drawing skills, also sorry for sort-of off-topic post*
Showing 2161-2175 of 6854