ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4228889
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

dude! thats like... the awesomest bull eva! methinks yous is gon win!

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Haha. Ok, this is my "champions exhibit" thingy. Its Canada's resolution. Inspired by a political conversation with Zophia.xD

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/Cholokid34/rivalsunitecopy-1.jpg

Canada's resolution: To stop being called a hat. Hahaha.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well that is quite an interesting comic.BTW I realized this awhile back,but it seems like there will be two entries in the Champions Exhibit,so will there be any particular order in which they will be put up there?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Okay, original idea is half finished, but now dead.

Attempt to find something else to draw, fail. Being bad mooding, so I guess this will be the only crap I can do, as the original was "FAIL!!"...

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/fnyr.jpg

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

ok thats alright... i dont get the message, it just seems like... oh! i get it! tryin to escape the glass prison?

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

dude! thats like... the awesomest bull eva! methinks yous is gon win!

I knowz right!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!1!!!111!!!!!one!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!

I was aiming for a more serious tone this time around.

Lol.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Woo, ok long post.

@Crimsonblade55
It will probably be in alphabetical order or something. Strop still hasn't decided who gets the merit.

@slliM
Haha yeah that is... uh quite the bull. But why is it mooing? Don't bulls grunt or something?

@Cenere
You never seize to amaze me with your artistic talent. *claps* Trust me, that is not at all crap compared to mine. haha.

@Strop
I figured out a loophole so that both Crimsonblade and I can get a merit.

Rule 5:

After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

See the they it never specifies that there can only be one winner. With they, it can be more than just one user receiving the merit. May your struggles be off.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

@Cenere
You never seize to amaze me with your artistic talent. *claps* Trust me, that is not at all crap compared to mine. haha.

But compared to what I am able to do, it is rather crappy. I will try and save the other one, but not sure if I can.

Oh, and the "meaning of the piece": "Next year, I will not drink as much". There should have been a small story about some guy who ended up running someone over while drunk, and promising himself it shall not continue.
Better title would be: "Last Glass".
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

so i was right!
i would have drawn a man sitting on a stool in the dark, head in hands, with a thoughtbubble with some symbols that would represent his misdeeds.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

it makes me wonder how many people understood my own drawing...Anyways I had a feeling thats what Cenere's drawing meant.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

crimson, what does yours mean?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well I'll give you a small hint that might help you figure it all out..

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/DesktopAdobe.jpg

If that doesn't help then I guess I could tell you.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Oh, and the "meaning of the piece": "Next year, I will not drink as much". There should have been a small story about some guy who ended up running someone over while drunk, and promising himself it shall not continue.
Better title would be: "Last Glass".

That is epic on so many levels. Its like saying that one to many is just as bad as 2 to many. You have to drink responsibly. Just the symbolization of the glass is completely... awesome. Even if it may not be up to your standards, that entry is pure win.

@Crimsonblade
Yeah, what did your entry mean?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

aww come on guys I guess it was not as simple as I thought.I'm still going to wait though for a little while before I decide to tell you guys as I want to see if your smart enough to figure out the metaphor.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

photoshop, and flash... pictures in motion? pictures vs movies? pictures and games?

Showing 2266-2280 of 6854