analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Art, Music, and Writing → Art Skills Contest
Hello and welcome!
This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.
- 6,854 Replies
Man. Strop, you have just discouraged me from entering. Nice job.
You are going to confuse everybody what with my having to reshuffle the posts constantly :P
Blinx is the cat's name. Blinx is a time-sweeper who actually uses his hoover thingy to suck up gems that correspond to time manipulations. However I figured I'd make a pun...
And yes, that blob of night is supposed to be there :P At least I definitely drew it in myself.
Ah, I did. Well, there's always 3rd place.
Kevin, you think my entry is any good, you must have missed Cenere's :P
Awesome idea Strop, and fairly well drawn too (I'm sure you could have done better, regarding some background or something, but it's very well done anyways), you and Cenere are probably gonna be in the very top of this round.
I'm still wondering if I should make one, even though I can't win this week.
Yeah! I agree with fst6! Make one... pweaze. Think of the furry.
I'm sure you could have done better, regarding some background or something
Bingo. In retrospect I should have started with a fill gradient or else I would have done the whole thing in Open Canvas, but I just didn't feel like it
XD That was about as much encouragement as I needed. So NIGHT it is! *jumps off the interwebs to do the tabletytabletytablety thing*
It's still great, though, especially the way you drew the night - it looks right with the suction and all.
p.s. yes, feel free to do a piece regardless of whether you can win or not- seeing as it's hardly about winning so much as about epic win. I actually occasionally submit pieces that technically do not qualify or are specifically not to be judged. This feature of the forum just has a really good feel to it- there are many regulars and new people joining, both those with an excellent sense of humor and enthusiasm and those with a lot of skill. It's hard to find something this successful outside of an art forum and since I'm only doing this casually, I'm not big on art forums!
I know, I absolutely wanna participate even when I can't win, was just doubting whether I should this time, because I have other stuff to draw and do as well. But I'll get to this as soon as I have an idea.
And hurray for the creative part of AG!
God help us.
And I thought God was a child with a magnifying glass. Really nice one!
That was my Third Place!
I better get a placing this time....
LOL, Klaus, nice one!
Someone help me out here. I can't get a good idea.
Thread is locked!