ForumsSupport ForumQuestion thread symbol

14 2682
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Well, I was just on another website a little bit ago, and they had this nice option where you could mark the thread you make as a "question thread" (catchy) with a question mark right next to the thread. Then, if someone answers the question you have, you change your thread's symbol to "answered" (in this case, a star replaced the question mark) Anyway, I think that would be kind of helpful in this category and in the newcomers' category.

Do you think so?

• 14 Replies
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

This is an awesome idea! So many times I have seen threads that some one answered, and then 20 other people answer the same question, and it just amounts to a lot of excess posts. I hope they implement this!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah the idea is great man i think we should have it here in AG

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

But what would it do? Just be a reminder to be locked or such?

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

But what would it do? Just be a reminder to be locked or such?

In a way, yeah. Also, it would keep people from basically answering the question again and again...

I really don't think it would be that hard to implement, it wouldn't take much coding at all...
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I guess it could be useful, but people still post when the question is answered, np?

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I guess it could be useful, but people still post when the question is answered, np?

Yea sometimes the person doesn't understand or has something else to say. And also, what would define it being answered?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

You would. You'd go to your thread, click a button on the top of the screen, and the thread would be marked as answered.

Could work. Maybe a mod can do it as well.
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

what would define it being answered?

You would. You'd go to your thread, click a button on the top of the screen, and the thread would be marked as answered.
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Oh thats how it would work. Nevermind what I said eariler, that changes everything. Great Idea!
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

The only problem is you would have to go to the threads page to see it, because you can't see it on the threads that appear on the forum front page.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

The only problem is you would have to go to the threads page to see it, because you can't see it on the threads that appear on the forum front page.

They would obviously find a way to avoid that.

P.S. Check your comments Firetail.
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Well, that's true...
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, just something to point out...

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

I like this idea. It's so a person can help answer questions, or stay away from them. It'll also help Mods look for the answered ones, see the responses, and lock the thread. It'll save time for everyone. Good thought!

Showing 1-14 of 14