ForumsSupport ForumUpgrade thru merits!

28 4440
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

What if instead of 25 AP, you got 1 upgrade point per merit, these would be used at a online store to make small changes to the way you view the site-
examples-edit button add on, forum skins, armatars sets,etc

Q:But wait drognar, this would cause spam wouldn't it?!
A:Of course not, you see people want to get Upgrade Points so they have to THINK, theres no spammers path around getting merits.
Q:wouldn't people whine & b@tch about this?
A:Sadly yes, although the best thing to do is ignore their posts, but most people I think would aren't willing to strive for it, will just find themselves happy with the site they have now, this is just a reward for the extra effort merit worthy have put into them.
Comments,anyone?

• 28 Replies
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Exactly... the AP system is great the way it is now... if you add different kinds of points... it's just going to make the system confusing.

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

I think this idea is highly unlikely because getting merits isn't going to be easy :/.
However If we were able to do that with AP it might work!!

Themes:340 AP
packs of armatars:1 for 250 Ap 2 for 500 ap and etc..

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Um... we already have unlockable armatars for certain amounts of AP...

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

yes but what if you can unlock random armatars??
Also scratch where i said

.Every time you buy an armatar the price for you should increase AND the armatar is random!
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

I think this idea is highly unlikely because getting merits isn't going to be easy :/.
However If we were able to do that with AP it might work!!

Themes:340 AP

Think about it infernacron
Extras through AP-more spam and people posting like sh*t like crazy trying get extras.
extras through Merits-less spam, spammers would have to change their habits to get to the "cool" stuff and people would make more constructive posts.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

less spam, spammers would have to change their habits to get to the "cool" stuff and people would make more constructive posts.

Yes, but buying?
I prefer the old fashioned earning AP for merits.
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

No One cares about AP though. You see why should a spammer bother getting a merit when they can just rate 25 games?! This is bait for a better prize!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

No One cares about AP though.

You say that now,but when the time comes.I bet you will be saying the opposite for some other type of idea,and how it will cause more spam or something,just like quecidently every idea apparently will do.My point is don't bother saying that no one cares about AP,because you know well enough that some people for reasons I don't even know,may focus their lifes around getting more AP.Anyways to stay on topic the idea of making rewards for merits has been bought up before,and I don't know what the staffs complete opinion on it is as of yet.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I don't agree with anything in this idea.

armoredbruno
armoredbruno
159 posts
Nomad

I dont agree cause it's very hard to get merits so if you dont get one youll never level up

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

I don't agree with anything in this idea.

You know you comment is spam unless you give a reason.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

[quote=Drognar]You know you comment is spam unless you give a reason.[/quote]

You know your comment is spam unless you say something pertaining to the topic.

Anyways, merits are a good thing for AG... but I think there are enough ways to be rewarded (AP).

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

You know your comment is spam unless you say something pertaining to the topic.

Anyways, merits are a good thing for AG... but I think there are enough ways to be rewarded (AP).

AP is so boring though. People who actually get merit don't care about AP(most of them at least), I thought I'd give them something a little more useful.
Showing 16-28 of 28