ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 729977
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

You impress me as usual Strop. But I must say this looked better without color. Looked more robotic, this needs more of a grey toned scheme for it!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

YES!

It occurs to me that I lost sight of the original aims as time wore on. I reckon waving a big "desaturate" stick on the majority of the picture would work wonders. Very astute comment there.

Right now it looks kinda trippyyyyyyyyy.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Right now it looks kinda trippyyyyyyyyy.

lmao.
Strop this is crazy good! O_O My jaw dropped when I saw it.
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

you rock.
this is a feat i dun think i ever can manage.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

A shame it it did not get to the competetion finished. You would probably have done great.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

lol, great! it would look a lot more mysterious and epic if it was gray though, plus, when an art critic comes by they will think it's symbolic if it's gray!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

First time I've seen gadget woman...lol.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Thanks guys, the feedback means a lot to me.

lol, great! it would look a lot more mysterious and epic if it was gray though, plus, when an art critic comes by they will think it's symbolic if it's gray!

Yeah, that's what Klaus said and that's what I was originally intending before I got sidetracked...I'll give this kinda thing another shot and it will be like, more edgy and stuff!
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

That is pretty good Strop...

Haemadyne?

KIngRyan

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I...don't know! xD

I was just all "oh look let's remove the aortic arch and attach a machine to it and like...make it look like...an ECG or something...since haem- relates to blood and dyna- relates to changing states or flux.

Yes, it's complete BS! But I'm allowed to do these kind of things!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Looks like this thread is taking off. I feel loved again

Okay, attention-seeking aside, there's stuff I might as well post here just to see whether I scare the pants of any of you guys.

Let's start with the crazy rhinocerous dude I drew in the animations thread:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/rhinoposter.jpg

"I'll pass on the sparring, thanks..."

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Oh. Bugger, I forgot to embed the link to the full-size image.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I really ought to do a caricature of Chuck Norris one day, because then people might come a little closer to knowing the truth about Chuck Norris and his universe-destroying roundhouse kick!

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I wanna steal your muscle drawing skills. That's friggin awesome work there.
Only thing I think looks a bit off, is his mouth. I don't know, doesn't quite add up to the awesome of the rest of the pic.
Nice way of placing your signature~
And good luck on doing a Chuck Norris someday.

Nomad

O MY LANTA!!!!!

That's is freaking M-AZING.

Lulz I love how your signature and the date it was made is on the belt. Very creative.

And the details just blew my mind away.

Showing 1-15 of 1567