ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 749518
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I'm glad you spotted that.

He will always carry sadness with him, for his family perished with his village.

This is a more realistic style than I will draw for the project. For a start, he'll have hands that more closely resemble paws. When it suits me.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I'm glad you spotted that.

I am Horatio Caine.
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv296/goumas13/horatiocaine3.jpg

The head is really tigerish.

Does he wear jeans?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I think he wears chonglers. Village Indian kind of fashion.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs50/f/2009/290/c/4/Nagesh_for_Strop_by_Caelann.jpg

Strop asked me to upload it!! *defence curl*

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Thanks Cen. I'm just trying to think about which version is more suitable. Because my original conception for Nagesh was that he was kinda tall and lanky, like this Indian dude I know in real life who has a very unique bboy style.

However I'm very fond of the sideburns, but can't have the sideburns if Nate doesn't have some kind of bulk on him, because that looks ridiculous. However Cen's successfully pulled off "lanky tiger" look, so I'm faced with a tough decision.

Sideburns, or lanky?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Lanky with Sideburns just an example of a character lol

Pois0nWasHere
Pois0nWasHere
31 posts
Nomad

Jeez. That cross is huge. It's not metal, it it? I would hate having to carry that around all the time.

I kinda like the second one better. First looks more like a mascot than an anthro/furry tiger/humanoid thing.

Also.

How exactly do you put sideburns on something that's already covered in fur? Dye it?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

haha Pois0n its made of aluminum foil, who knows B), Strop went from ninja horse to gangsta tiger, idk whatever prolly get use to carrying 10 pounds on ones neck after a while....wouldn't that make his neck out of proportion because of the weight? Eh GL with your character design

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Wow guys now I know why Cen shut his thread down D:

lolol just kidding. After some thought I did decide I liked the look of the second one more, so I'm going to make Nate's skinny features more... skinny. The style will be more cartoony because that's just a lot easier to relate to. My original pic (after it was edited slightly), does have its merits though- it's more poignant, though eventually I'll work it out such that I have the cartoony Nate with the original vision united.

Also that cross is made of iron. It's closer to 1 pound than 10 though. Besides, you know those really old-skool East coast hip-hop stars that thought wearing oversized clocks around their necks wouldn't ever die out?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Whoops, I forgot to link the slightly edited picture.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

You know what, I'm too tired to trawl through WoM stuff today. Let me just say the plot is just getting more and more epic as time goes by, and we're not even halfway through it, and we're not even up to the REALLY epic stuff.

Yeah, just saying.

Now, Zophia did this neat labels picture. I've seen similar memes going around, so I thought I'd finally do one of my own. However, it's been a few years since I first saw them so...

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/stroplabel.png

This is all the label I need.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

You forgot bogan.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

You forgot Power Bottom.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

You also forgot ditz. Caffeinated ditz.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Oh, and don't forget 'waxed and emasculated'.

Showing 796-810 of 1567