ForumsSupport ForumPossible Idea?

7 1768
RiotingAvalanche
RiotingAvalanche
32 posts
Nomad

Not sure if this will be impossible to implement or not, but how about having a thing that lets you know if someone has read your comment or not.

I know sometimes ill comment someone and wait for an answer but it never comes, and Im left wondering if they have even read it or not. So here is how it would work.

1. You comment some1
2. When they go to their profile, instead of having all the comments already shown, there could be a button that they click, and the messages will drop down. Once they do this you can have a little thing on your profile that shows your comments, and a little indicator showing that that person dropped down the messages.

*the indicator be like a red/green dot. or something along those lines.

* of course the drop down box will only apply for the user visting her/his own profile. Others wouldnt have to click on it to see the commens

• 7 Replies
nerdyboy
nerdyboy
79 posts
Nomad

i GUESS.....It looks like a good idea.....

RiotingAvalanche
RiotingAvalanche
32 posts
Nomad

Yeah and just to clarify. i know that just because someone clicked the button doesnt mean they actually read it, but it kind of gives you an idea.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

Well I delete my comments in order to show that I've read them.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

This has been asked for before, it is a good idea, but they might not put it in.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So when you scroll? Suggested many times. I would like this idea, and it seems to be a popular suggestion. Don't know what the mods would say though. Or just what plokkey said. lol.

RiotingAvalanche
RiotingAvalanche
32 posts
Nomad

@firetail.

No not when you scroll. It would be like a drop down box. when the user presses the button and the comments drop-down. It will do the indicator to the user who commented.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I really don't see the point in this... if they read your comment... they might not want to reply, or not have the time to reply.

If it shows that they read the comment, but didn't reply, I'm sure many people would be on the rampage.

Showing 1-7 of 7