ForumsSupport ForumThis Instead Of That?

49 5146
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Wouldn't you guys want email sign in instead of user name sign in.Think about it.People can see you user name and maybe guess the password.Email is much secure and harder to know if you don't ever show it.Think about it guys.

• 49 Replies
windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

Yeah good point...I would prefer it...What'd bloody happen if I forgot my avatar name....Bah it'd take ages to find it again :O

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I'd prefer if you could use either..
Just in case.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

How wouls people geuss your password by your user name? Odnt make it related!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

If your username was username, then your password might be password.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Like an e-mail sign in? Sure, I'd like that or the ability to use both ways. But the system in place isn't faulty at all, I actually like it. The chances of someone figuring out your password is slim, but if they do, well, you should have created a better password. I think the onus should be on the owner of the account to create enough security for themselves before suggesting something

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

So do you agree with me?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Sure, why not.
But what if you forgot your e-mail?!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Who would man.Well some people would but that is their fault.Maybe type it somewhere.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But user name is giving half of your info!What if they DO find your PW.You never know

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

then use a complicated, 9 character password thats fail-proof. I used the same password for years no one has hacked mine...yet :'S

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Look.Most people have their favorite thing as password.What if someone asks you.What's your favorite thing.Then you say it and then they could hack you

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

That's a bit pessimistic, don't you think? Generally, sites like AG aren't targetted by hackers because, well, it's just a bunch of kiddies running around playing games. Of course they can try to link back to the home computer, but the chances are slim.

Besides, how do you know most people have their favourite thing as their password? Where's the proof to back that up? Let's face it, security isn't a big issue on AG.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

How does your username give away half of your password?
90% of the time they aren't even related!

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

90% of the time they aren't even related!

Exactly! It's your fault if someone figures out your password if it's set to your own darn username -- c'mon! It's common sense to not make your password your username
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Guys guys. Most of you are TEENS! you are smart enough to think of a good enough password! Heck i think it even uses symbols as liable characters. If you have your favorite thing as a password that is just plain dumb.

Showing 1-15 of 49