ForumsSupport ForumTavern 0 AP

27 3538
Nomad

As stated in the post that you will see when you follow this link, I think it would be a very good idea to make the Tavern NO AP. (Which you can also see in my title.)

Here are a few of the reason why I believe so: (Actually I'm just gonna provide links to topics that don't really do anything beneficial for the site.)

1. The Explosion Thread

2. Favorite Inside Joke

You know what? Just go to The Taver and see for your self why I think it should be like this.

Now I know some are gonna be like. "Oh Noes now we won't get as many points." SUCK IT UP! If your that worried about points your probably one of the spammers of the site. You shouldn't get points for things that don't really benefit anything.

Your opinions? Please?

• 27 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

The way i see it, those should be moved to the Forum Games forum. Those two certainly look like they should be.

The thing with no AP forums is that, it has to be easy, quick, and not very discussed about. Take forum games for example. Most replies have only one sentence, maybe even half of a sentence, and nothing is really discussed.

Newcomer's Forum, you get newcomers every day and would have threads pop up like daisies, which in turn would get the lucky 1st person to respond and help the poor guys.

Tavern Section has threads that discuss things. They usually have a point, and they stay for a long time. And also, its really stressing a lot of effort to bring one section down from one AP to no AP.

Nomad

Ok I see where your coming from, but seriously look at half of the topics in the tavern. Actually probably more than half have no actual purpose to them. Some of them are about clan, which i personally don't like anyway, due to the fact that a lot of them you have to be a certain level, which therefor causes people to spam.

But I just don't think it should be AP.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

well yeah, but most people actually start off from the tavern for their armatars while still answering the question that the thread states. If the tavern was to be a 0 AP, I'd rarely go there anymore, and at least 1/2 of my points would go. The tavern may be a spam cesspool, but it's not so bad as to make it 0 AP, that's kind of a harsh punishment, like god and Noah (kidding around people).

Nomad

Well I wouldn't think you would lose the AP that you have already earned would you? In any case it's not really a punishment. It just makes sense to do that. well in my opinion it does.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

IMO the only way for it to drop the AP is for the section to completely be effortless to post to. As long as the Tavern has a point, it's going to be normal. Actually it does, this is a forum that goes with threads that dont belong in other forums.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

I dont agree with this!

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

We mine as well make all the forums 0AP!

I know it isn't very "intelligent" posts there.

But I do agree that there should be a 0Ap discussion place.

Also if there is no AP people think they can spam all they want which isn't good.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Dont just say you dont, explain why you dont; this is a debating thread.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

We should create a "No AP Forum" for everything that doesn't contribute to the site.

Nomad

Going along with Firetail's Idea.

Why not make a section That says NO AP FORUM.

In it could be the forum games, and the Tavern. The newcomers would obviously stay at the top to help out.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

AP just shows how active a player is with the added bonus of armatars. The people who are overly active just for AP have disrupted the balance here in my opinion and turned AP from points to show how active users are into more of a status thing. Really what counts is how mature you act. It is best to not worry about AP.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Well, the Tavern shouldn't be a 0 AP zone. That zone really has things that are really intelligent. It is just that a lot of our population on Armor Games loves to make Favorite topics and topics for spamming. Just have that made in another Forum called, " The garbage heap ". Post whatever their that isn't inappropriate.

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

I'm not sure about no AP, I like making fun of people in there for AP in the Tavern

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Nah, tavern doesn't to have 0 AP but most of topics there need to be moved to forums games since their really just spam threads.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Its best to not worry about everything and let teh mods do their job. 25% of spam on this site are threads complaining about spam anyways.

Showing 1-15 of 27