ForumsSupport ForumShouldn't they have achievements from games

27 3174
mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

Probably they should add achievements for this sites. Around half above all the other games site have that. Maybe having a achievement should give you like 5-25 AP. Maybe like i www.kongregate.com, they have achievements but whats better its that they have easy achievements, medium achievements and hard achiements. Even sometimes impossible achievements.

Easy achievement=5Ap
Medium achievement=10Ap
Hard achievement=20Ap
Impossible Achievements!=50Ap

• 27 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Forum hogging is more fun anyways ^_^

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Lol, bet you that's right?
Seriously, Shintetsu, you only discovered the fun of forum posting a few days ago!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Yup, foruming is now my favorite past time, after drawing and Combat Arms at least.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Seriously, Shintetsu, you only discovered the fun of forum posting a few days ago!

(shhhh they dont know that) ; ) ; )
revolushn
revolushn
63 posts
Nomad

I guess impossible just doesn't mean what it used to...

This is a fairly strange argument though. If I said something like I want my vanilla ice cream to taste like chocolate because chocolate is better then I may as well have just got chocolate because all I've ended up with is two chocolate ice creams.

Makes the world a very boring place if everything works the same, has the same features, and looks the same as everything else.

obviously that is a very basic analogy, but just because one site (and a free one at that) has a feature that another doesn't, doesn't mean that it should be implemented. It may not make the site better or flow with the mechanics of how various systems work.

AG does pretty well for a fairly new (and, again, FREE) site. Comparing it with it's competitors and saying it should have the same features, doesn't help in my opinion and wouldn't set AG apart in any way.

Just my two cents

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

*applauds* well done Revolushn well.Done. I'm vouching this.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

@revolushn
I'm probably one of the oldest members still playing...
I saw basically all the updates that came to AG, and must say it has been fantastic. We are developing actually pretty fast, I would say.

Just my one cent

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

AG does pretty well for a fairly new (and, again, FREE) site. Comparing it with it's competitors and saying it should have the same features, doesn't help in my opinion and wouldn't set AG apart in any way.

Yes! Yes! Exactly.

New members, old members, left wingers, right wingers -- everybody seems to want new features for a fairly new website. It just doesn't make sense, they've yet to work on some of the kinks. People still want new ways of earning AP, which makes as much sense as a chimpanzee on a zebra.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

@InTheZone
Chimpanzees on Zebras in my opinion makes a lot of sense.
They are good at riding...and if humanology is correct, than we evolved from them.

But whatever...it's true...we do want more ways of earning AP. Lots of people do, which makes as much sense as an orangutan slipping on a banana peel.

But hey, we're improving, and I think they are doing a good job.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Chimpanzees on Zebras in my opinion makes a lot of sense.

Two different wild animals riding another makes no sense at all.

Why should this happen? Some peopel are good and games and some aren't. It isn't good to get points from playing a game. Also how would this work?
Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

First we should discuss how Xbox LIVE works, because while it's popular, it's quite dangerous to change game design to push achievements and online co-op

It's kind of a cheap way, like making all games look like MMOs, where everyone just want to get more and more of points that don't really mean anything so they can be better ranked somewhere

entity101
entity101
16 posts
Nomad

they should definitly have achievements but no value to them, mabye like 5 AA points for every game were you get all the achievments, but its not really armor games choice to add achievements because all the games are subited by comunity members and making a rules that to subit a game it must have achievements would seriously decrees the inflow of games, so good thought but very very unlikely

Showing 16-27 of 27