ForumsSupport ForumSubmitting A Game vs. Merits

15 2408
jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

Hello all... I just noticed something... you get more Armor Points for getting a Merit (25) than for submitting a game (20 AP)... how in the world does this make sense...

A game is something you spent weeks/months/sometimes even years on making...while a merit-worthy comment, you spend an hour max...so it is clear that you put more effort into making a game than writing a merit-worthy comment. So why would you get more AP for something that you spent lesser time on?

• 15 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I also thought about that.But what if a game isn't that fun.You never know if it's going to be great.So you fully don't deserve 25 AP.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

This was more of an issue in the past, but my reasoning for it was that most game developers are not actually active in the community. For example, CrazyMonkey has a ton of games on this site, but does not interact with it at all. There was a point when the site was newer when they were in the Top 10. I think it would seem unfair for them, who do not actually go on the site at all, to be ahead of people who spend a lot of time on the site trying to earn points.

Plus, people who submit games are normally more interested in getting more publicity for their games, as opposed to getting points for it.

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

Yes Juan, I see your point...but take an average of all the games on Armor Games...the average will fall above boring in my mind's scale...

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@Carlie: ah...I see...but I don't think that is really an issue anymore...since there are a lot of users with more AP than CrazyMonkey type accounts can dream of...

And yes, I agree to the fact that they post for publicity...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I still thought it was 10 points, or was I mistaken?
Well, I did think it was unfair...people always told me I should submit games to be #1...
It gets annoying.
But I'm not a game maker, so I don't think about it much.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

No, it is still worth 20 points. But the fact is, very few members on this site are actually developers, and even fewer are actually interested in Armor Points. I have never actually had a complaint from a developer that it should be worth more points. I just don't think it is that big of a deal to them. And if they don't mind, I don't really either.

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@firetail: its actually 20 AP... go to this link

http://armorgames.com/page/help#points

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Ah, I'll believe you guys. 20 AP sounds like a better deal...

@Carlie
I believe your right. Game developers take more pride in watching their game liked rather then the AP they get from it.

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double post...didn't see Carlie's post...

@Carlie: ic...well, I just brought this up because it seemed sorta interesting... i didn't really expect anyone to change it...

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I think it should be at least 50 points because5 minutes to get a merit, where it takes 5 months to develop a good game.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah many game developers(HeroInteractive,ConArtists,etc.)don't need AP.They just want people to have a great time. =)Like i do!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

@jpx111
I thought it was never changed?

@thingthingfreak
Look at the above comments.

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@firetail: lol that was worded awkwardly... i meant that i just brought it up cuz its struck me as interesting...and not because i wanted to start a revolution in AP... :P

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

@jpx111
Never said you started a revolution in AP, lol, and yeah, curiosity sometimes makes you do or say things you didn't really want to...

Totum
Totum
19 posts
Nomad

Developers do not care for AP so their is no point in changing the AP amount

Showing 1-15 of 15