ForumsSupport ForumAwards(No Not like Kong)

24 3174
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think we should have awards for contests like.

Nicest Person
Most Improved
Most Helpful
Hardest Working user.

Reward is some fair amount of AP.

If you would like to suggest another kind of
contest your free to do so. =D

• 24 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

yeah people may really get jealous.But they have to understand.You need to work hard to achieve something.

I just think that people already prove what kind of person they are through how they act in the community. To say that one person is nicer than another, just belittles all of the hard work that others put into it. I don't see why we have to reward just one person, for something that everyone on this site would do.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

In order for this to work... the moderators would need: a) creation of rules b) creation of guidelines (i.e. what the heck constitutes as a 'hard working user'?) and finally, c) they need to do a cost-benefit analysis.

Will the costs of implementing this be HIGH or LOW. By costs I mean spammage, cyber bullying, etc. Benefits may include, increased goodship in AG among other things (which should already be, if it weren't for the millions of backseat spammers).

Anyway, it's good to think your ideas through by making a pros and cons list.

The pros with this idea include: new ways to earn AP, motivating users to be nice to each other (for a change), and creating goodwill or a better community.

The cons for this would include: popularity contests, moderators need to think of a whole new set of guidelines, possible spamming campaigning (with the poll ideas), and the fact it isn't very useful to the bettering of AG.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

As I told you, it would be pretty hard to implement. Extra word for mods, making badges, etc.

Oh yeah I didn't think about that.I don't want mods working harder.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe we should keep it at a minimum for now.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Hey but what about we choose 20 or a little more people.They have a good chance to win.Maybe give them
1st place
2nd place and so on.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

In order for this to work... the moderators would need: a) creation of rules b) creation of guidelines (i.e. what the heck constitutes as a 'hard working user'?) and finally, c) they need to do a cost-benefit analysis.

Will the costs of implementing this be HIGH or LOW. By costs I mean spammage, cyber bullying, etc. Benefits may include, increased goodship in AG among other things (which should already be, if it weren't for the millions of backseat spammers).

The cons for this would include: popularity contests, moderators need to think of a whole new set of guidelines, possible spamming campaigning (with the poll ideas), and the fact it isn't very useful to the bettering of AG.

I think that the cons outweigh the pros. I really don't see the point of something such as this. People should already be nice to each other, they should not need an excuse for it. Plus, it puts extra work on the moderators to choose someone. This is an uncomfortable situation to put us in. Not only do we have to choose one person over another, but then have to get all of the outcry and comments from people who didn't get it.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah you guys are right.Sorry to take your time away.Carlie you can block/remove this now. =)

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

That would require even more work, and as I said the cons outweight the pros.

Idea over. Sorry Juan

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah i understand.I also don't want the mods stressed out.

Showing 16-24 of 24