ForumsSupport ForumLoad Speed

19 3245
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Alright, I've put up with it for a while, but now it's driving me nuts. Lately, I don't know why, but sometimes it takes forever to load the pages. Actually...they don't load at all. And sometimes they load in a split second. This starts to get annoying when I try to submit a forum post and it takes 30 minutes to do so...

Well, actually, the forum post has already been posted, it's just that the page won't load. I'm using Firefox 3.0.2

Any help? I really just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this. If not, I'll know it's my internet problem.
But it works fine on other websites...

• 19 Replies
arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

I have the same problem but im using google chrome, but this site is slow even if i use firefox.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

yeah me too.They take 3 minutes to load.Maybe Ag is slow today.I also have that version of Firefox

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

What kind of modem are you using? dialup? Wireless? DSL? Comcast?

Dialup i hope not. OF course its that thing thats causing the problem. Wireless, it could be you downloaded so much you got shimmied. I'm not sure about DSL and Comcast though.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Wireless.

But still, I feel like it takes an hour to do one forum post...(I know, I'm not very patient.)

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

That might be why. Have you downloaded a lot in a short period of time so that the company can shimmy you for your bad deeds??

(e.g. lowering your kbps rate by like 20-50 points.)

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

so that the company can shimmy you for your bad deeds??

(e.g. lowering your kbps rate by like 20-50 points.)

THEY CAN DO THAT WHAAAT?

sadface
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Yes they can do that, because you are using too much power from their company, the provider. If you abuse it and download 5 gigs in a week, they have the power to "shimmy" you.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

The same thing is happening to me... And I thought it was just because my computer is slow, but it looks like the site is slowing down more. Out of the 140,000 users on Ag, only about 20,000 actually use their accounts! My little brother has an account on this site, and when he only has 1 Ap, It said that he was rank #20,567 then at about 10 Ap he went all the way up to #12,432 This is really ridiculous. I think that Carlie and all the other Admins/mods need to deleate all these inactive accounts. think about it: 120,000 accounts are not even being used. They just exist with nothing on them. Think of how much faster AG would be with 120,000 less accounts! None of these problems would happen, and I'd be willing to bet that AG would be about 10 times faster...

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

The site seems to slow down if I have Facebook up, and Into Eternity going on iTunes.....weird because it's only for that band :O

Or maybe because it's thrash metal :P

Ubersadface. ((((((((

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Bet how much?

Well, I'm joking, but yes, it seems everyone has rather a slower AG time right now :P

armor_warrior
armor_warrior
1,122 posts
Peasant

For me it takes like 10 seconds at max but I have the new Macbook so it should take like .0032 seconds to lode.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I got an average of 2-4 seconds. And it has its moments where its 20 seconds then when i go to click refresh, the page instantly loads as if its playing jokes with me (evil...) Then there are moments where it loads .5 seconds with no troubles at all.

Snizz19
Snizz19
377 posts
Nomad

yes i already posted my reply on like 7 other threads so i think a lot of people are experincing this

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

It used to happen to me when I used IE and now it happens less with now that I am using FF, but it just happened to me five minutes ago.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

abuse it and download 5 gigs in a week

5 gigs? That's not even close to abuse. Me and my friends combined on an average month download so much. Usually 1 to 3 movies a night, so that alone if I average it 2 a night, would be 10gigs a week. Then music which hits like 20 gigs between all of us, so were up to 30.. now usually a few games too.. about 50 gigs a week.. so I am at 80 gigs, and other random shit like programs comics and such 20gigs. So that's 100 gigs a week. :P
Showing 1-15 of 19