ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe *new* official reviews contest!

22 5104
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Hi guys, finally getting this rolling.

Fst6 had been discussing this idea with DragonMistress originally, and there seems to be some enthusiasm so here it is!

The Weekly Reviews Contest

To start with, the rules are simple.

* Every week, somebody (me to start with, I guess) will nominate something (a game, to start with) and the reviews posted here will have to be written on that game.

* The entries will then be judged and the user who wrote the best review will receive a merit, provided that review was good enough to get a merit.

There is something to note here, though. We already give merits to people who post on games hosted here. Since the forum is more reader-friendly, we'll be expecting a much higher standard. This is the place to write proper reviews, so I will include tips:

* The review should be comprehensive and cover as many aspects as possible (graphics, gameplay, sound, issues etc.)

* The review should be structured (have an introduction, a body with supported statements and a conclusion).

* If a review contains spoilers the author must say so before said spoilers. "SPOILER ALERT" is good enough. Otherwise you may be disqualified.

* Google is all-powerful. We will know if you've plagiarised. That will also get you disqualified.

Apocalypse has kindly offered his services as a judge so he will be helping me out. Since I'm the one handing out the merit, though, I'll have the final say for now.

• 22 Replies
Showing 31-30 of 22