ForumsSupport Forumthe flags and up-votes..a difference.

17 2636
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

I have noticed that when you flag a comment it checks,simple,right? Well,when you up-vote a comment it smiles and you refresh the page and it stays a smile.well when you flag a comment you refresh the page and youhave the option to flag the comment,again! i think it should stay checked.not really a suggestion or support but i couldnt realy decide wether,tavern,or here.

• 17 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yeah i noticed that to.

But what's the problem of flagging more than once? It just shows that it really needs to be taken care of...

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

But what's the problem of flagging more than once? It just shows that it really needs to be taken care of...

true,true..but you know noobies.
Girl_Power2
Girl_Power2
126 posts
Nomad

Good point theone I think it should stay the same because then someone might keep voting up there comment or keep flagging something thats important!

zymyzymyz
zymyzymyz
15 posts
Nomad

Ok why hasn't their been a new game for like a week can we please do a little better=(

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

The funny thing is, I just flagged the two posts above me and had to flag them again

Maybe the moderators could fill us in on what the problem is, because it's my assumption that when it's flagged, it's flagged good. No need for flagging twice.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Theres definitely no need to up-vote something twice because the second time, it doesn't do anything. (nobody even up-votes anymore.

So now it's just the flagging that useful. The more times you flag it, the better chance it has of getting noticed, but then again....

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Thank you for bringing this up.Maybe it should stay checked because what if someone hates you and flags all your comment 10 times each?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The funny thing is, I just flagged the two posts above me and had to flag them again

Maybe the moderators could fill us in on what the problem is, because it's my assumption that when it's flagged, it's flagged good. No need for flagging twice.

I see why

1)Didn't explain and probably has no idea what we are talking about.

2)Off topic and only concerned about games and not AG
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Thank you for bringing this up.Maybe it should stay checked because what if someone hates you and flags all your comment 10 times each?

Then a moderator has to suffer with it. I'm not completely sure where the flag posts are sent exactly put I do know that they don't like it when you flag everything.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Holy crap. The posts I flagged got deleted quickly, well, I guess the system does work.

By flagging something, a moderator/admin is sent a message and sent to investigate the post. Usually, after receiving a billion flags, I think they know which posts to investigate and which to ignore. I assume that though...

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Wow true InTheZone.Mods are doing their jobs!

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

well the difference is that people will eventually abuse there flagging power.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, I would agree with that. It just gets things that are really an issue to our attention faster.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

but then dont you think people would just start flagging for there own entertainment?

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Am I one of very few who actually does bother voting good comments up? Why don't everyone just do it when they see a good comment...

Anyway, I don't really think it's a problem... If you've already flagged it, and you know you've flagged it, just don't bother flagging it again. Unless it's really bad. No need for an update on how that part of AG works, it's not of immediate importance...

Showing 1-15 of 17