ForumsSupport ForumShortening Abouts

3 1817
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

wouldn't it be more practical if you could use both sides of your page for the about, instead of just the right? it would save room, and make things easier to see...
any thoughts?

• 3 Replies
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I thought about that too, but the point is the About is there to give other users information about yourself. That alone should be close to a paragraph or two, but users just fill it up with other nonsense, that has nothing to do with themselves.

I mean, a majority of users just plaster their FR maps on, which is a tad bit annoying since a simple link would do (link to the map codes).

A two column profile information posting would be better and save a bit of space too. The con? Great walls of text and jarbled writing. That's about it :P

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

wouldn't it be more practical if you could use both sides of your page for the about, instead of just the right? it would save room, and make things easier to see...
any thoughts?

I kinda like the layout it has right now. This is only an issue for people who have obnoxiously long Abouts. If that is the case, then they should provide a link to their comment box. But as far as switching it around, then where would you put the other information?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well in this guide that I had created I had explained how people can make a link to the bottom of their profile pages in their abouts so that they could skip it easily.I'm sure that will do fine for now.

Showing 1-3 of 3