The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest - Theme: Halloween (page 68)

707 330211
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!

Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen!

Alright, let's see if this kicks off.
First theme will be ~ Jumping.
It's a basic thing to learn in animation, and it can be anything from a pixelated blob performing up/down motions, to - anything jumping.
Like: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emote.gif
I don't know who will do the judging yet (will be me, if no one else (like Strop?) decides they'll do it).
Deadline for first round will be October 20th, since animation is a somewhat time consuming process. Go make those pixels jump!

• 707 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Take as long as you like! You do realise these competitions go for about a month anyway! Take your time and make it good!

Peter213
Peter213
190 posts
Nomad

Take as long as you like! You do realise these competitions go for about a month anyway! Take your time and make it good!

One month? O_O'

Okay I'll take my time.

>>Peter213<<
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Hahaha, peter, I rofl'd. It reminded me a bit of...Xiao Xiao 2

The scenario with the balls, just try the fail timing ones...

Peter213
Peter213
190 posts
Nomad

Hahaha, peter, I rofl'd. It reminded me a bit of...Xiao Xiao 2

Lol.
Yeah it's kinda like Xiao xiao except is not trying to break a wall XD

Now I need to make another >.<

Still... that one was crappy.

>>Peter213<<
MikeReject95
MikeReject95
57 posts
Nomad

cmon start the judging already

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hmm what to do with this one.I should probably be less lazy with my submission this time as last time was something real quick I put together.I might add in some random Easter eggs or something in this one and put it on a .swf host to watch from like my first animation,or just keep it simple for sake of laziness....who knows...

Peter213
Peter213
190 posts
Nomad

Hey I'm going to make a soccer animation (football)
Since soccer (football) is associated with balls (the current theme) I was wondering if the judges don't mind If I do it (Soccer animation).

Answer me in my profile OK?

>>Peter213<<

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

truthfully Peter unless KingRyan is very strict about the entries,then I doubt it would matter.If you have ever seen how it is in the Art Competition(I'm using it as a comparison) then you will notice that a lot of the entries are sometimes abstract and are sometimes difficult to figure out how they are related,and they still count because they are somehow related to the theme in one way or another.

Peter213
Peter213
190 posts
Nomad

truthfully Peter unless KingRyan is very strict about the entries,then I doubt it would matter.If you have ever seen how it is in the Art Competition(I'm using it as a comparison) then you will notice that a lot of the entries are sometimes abstract and are sometimes difficult to figure out how they are related,and they still count because they are somehow related to the theme in one way or another

Oh ok then, glad to hear that.

Thanks =)

>>Peter213<<
MikeReject95
MikeReject95
57 posts
Nomad

has the judging already been done or am i supid an just missed it?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

No...I am just lazy with the judging!

Thats fine Peter...

Judging may be tonight...

Peter213
Peter213
190 posts
Nomad

I finished my animation!!!11

Oh no I can't access photobucket or image shack.

GRRRRRR...

>>Peter213<<

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Lol...poooooorrrrrr you!!!!

IF you are that desperated create a freewebs site and upload it to that...

Peter213
Peter213
190 posts
Nomad

Lol...poooooorrrrrr you!!!!
IF you are that desperated create a freewebs site and upload it to that...

Yesterday my computer wasn't working because of a virus and today I can't access half of the websites I usually visit.

-_-

I'll wait few hours.
Or maybe I'll post it tomorrow.

>>Peter213<<
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

The word 'Conficker' springs to mind....

You have about a month...

*yawns*

Showing 346-360 of 707