ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest - Theme: Halloween (page 68)

707 309674
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!

Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen!

Alright, let's see if this kicks off.
First theme will be ~ Jumping.
It's a basic thing to learn in animation, and it can be anything from a pixelated blob performing up/down motions, to - anything jumping.
Like: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emote.gif
I don't know who will do the judging yet (will be me, if no one else (like Strop?) decides they'll do it).
Deadline for first round will be October 20th, since animation is a somewhat time consuming process. Go make those pixels jump!

• 707 Replies
Aaroniscool
Aaroniscool
254 posts
Nomad

Ugh...I am uninspired...I need to go to bed...

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

C'mon ppl moar entries.
Plz?
Someone?
Entries?
Now?

V_V

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I can't do anything. . .I had a total pwnage idea. . .but pivot 3 beta is acting up. . . .

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I will see if I can come up with something over this week. Spring Break just started over here so I shall have plenty of time to work on it. I probably will just put something together quickly though.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

To be honest I'm not entering unless I use a non-lazy animation program (which means no pivot, sketchstar etc).

PIVOT MAKES ME SCREAM!

AND I DELETED GIMP FOR SPACE!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

To be honest I'm not entering unless I use a non-lazy animation program (which means no pivot, sketchstar etc).

Truthfully Flash is even a lazier program then pivot(as in you can get things done quicker), but still is considered a much more professional program. If I were to make an animation with GIMP I would probably go mad because of the amount of work involved.
Aaroniscool
Aaroniscool
254 posts
Nomad

Try what I and Zoph have been using... Doink.com :P

Seriously, it's a pretty good program, Pazx. Yo can draw Frame by Frame drawings on it too

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hmm...Why aren't there any entries???

I want to judge no later than Monday the 5th of June. So hurry up with your entries!!

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Gathering some entries

Peter213

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv265/Peter213/BallsarenotthebestfriendofmenOricec.gif

Barn_100

http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu245/Barn_100/lolballsforAGcomp.gif

RPOAG A.K.A random_player_of_Ag

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww348/RPOAG2009/BigBadBall.gif

So far there are 3 entries.

Moarentriesplzprettyplz?

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Those are pretty good entries, I think it will be jard for whoever is judging.

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

The judge is KingRyan.

And we need moar entries.

Hey howlett are you interested in entering the contest?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

FST6 did you save it as a .gif file, and what program did you use to make it?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hmm well what file format is it exactly...the most I can think of is youtube since its in a video format and not one for animations.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Umm...Don't kill yourself in this competition while I am away. Ask Crimson if you need any help with animating or whatever.

Will be back in a week and the judging will be within the next week. I hope to see enough entries when I get back.

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

There's no entries how will you judge it KR?

Moar entries plz.

Showing 421-435 of 707