ForumsWEPRMeditation

9 2769
Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

So i was wandering if anyone has any advice in personal meditation.

I want started meditating in the morning and at night. But i am having diffuculties with keeping myself on track.

Anyone have suggestions?

Also if anyone knows anything about yoga and there chill with explaining and sharing about it that would be awesom.

• 9 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Well my meditation involves a few very simple things.

A couple bottles of Captain Morgans and Jack Daniels, good company, a Wii and eight hours or so.

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

thats one way to do it but i was looking more at spiritual things not getting drunk and playing wii

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

You mean you are having difficult actually meditating or making yourself starting it?

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

i have diffuculty concentrating and my mind begins to wander off to lalaa land.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

You need to find a serene spot, have some light music and I would try reading up on meditation tips on the web. Do a google search.

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

okay i will try that tomorrow morning thanks asherlee

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

You have to start small. The point of most meditation is to reach samahdi, which is basically where you think about nothing at all. Try to just focus on one spot on the floor or on the wall. Sometimes breathing out while making a sounds helps.
Also if you want, try to close your eyes and picture the numbers one through ten. Count up by one for each inhale, and as you inhale try to picture the number coming toward you.
Some styles differentiate between open and closed eyes, but I haven't really ever noticed much of an experiential difference.

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

thank you very much that makes alot of sense in my head

Erako
Erako
121 posts
Nomad

Only self-will can make you better through meditation.

Showing 1-9 of 9