bobabob

bobabob

37 posts

please tell me what a referall is

Posted Oct 3, '08 at 5:24pm

crimsonblade55

crimsonblade55

5,718 posts

it is when you refer some one to a certain site,as in tell them about it in some way shape or form.They used to reward referrals until people started making fake accounts and giving themselves referrals.

Posted Oct 3, '08 at 5:27pm

juan999999

juan999999

3,162 posts

Yeah it's like a report of something specifically.

Posted Oct 6, '08 at 4:26pm

Pazx

Pazx

6,125 posts

It's telling someone to join the site... although AG gives out points for them no more...

Posted Oct 6, '08 at 4:29pm

ShintetsuWA

ShintetsuWA

3,305 posts

So the jist of it was many people made fake accounts, they got a handsome sum of AP and eventually the idea was axed. See those 100,000 accounts when you look at your rank? That's how bad it got. Someone made a new account, he was dead last, he commented once on a game, and he rose up 70,000 ranks.

Posted Oct 6, '08 at 9:04pm

justgotpwned

justgotpwned

1,231 posts

Yeah it was good idea at first but people went AP crazy and it got deleted from the point system.

Posted Oct 6, '08 at 9:21pm

crimsonblade55

crimsonblade55

5,718 posts

guys he didn't ask why referrals were removed from the site,but what they were.I am surprised this has yet to be locked yet.It is good this is a no AP forum though for this reason.Just try to stay to the real question at hand.The only reason I even talked about it,was as a bit of extra info on referrals in AG,but not as the main point of my answer.Not only that if a question has already been answered then there is no need to restate something that was already said by the three people who had posted before you.Myself and many others have said that many times before,and yet it is still not helping reduce the amount of times this happens.Also I don't want anyone to get the idea that I am ranting on about this for some reason,as that is not my intention.Anyways I have already stated everything that has been needed to be said to answer this question.So I don't see a point in saying anything more on this topic.

Posted Oct 6, '08 at 9:37pm

Estel

Estel

2,064 posts

Knight

Question answered, but the extra posts weren't needed.