ForumsGamesTD game idea

18 4788
kcaz
kcaz
59 posts
Nomad

Hey there everyone, i have been playing a lot of TDs recently and I was thinking of a good idea for a new kind of TD.

First of all, you could choose to play as the attackers, or the defender, and you could also play multi-player. Now here you can add your own interesting original idea, but i was thinking for the defense, you would have something like 3 base towers which would determine some aspect of the tower (speed, damage, range etc.). Then you could add a middle part which would determine another aspect, and a top which would determine another aspect. At anytime you could upgrade any of those parts to be better at what they do (ex. a fast tower would be faster, a damaging tower would do more damage...).

The attacking side is where i don't have much of an idea. I've played anti-TD, but if anyone could come up with an original idea for the attackers that would be cool. I guess you could "design" the creeps like the defender "designed" the towers where you would have different parts that would determine if it could fly, how fast it would go, or how much health it had.

This is only a rough draft, but because i have no idea how to make a flash game, could someone who does and likes the idea give it a try?

Thanks for reading this, any comments or suggestions are appreciated

• 18 Replies
kcaz
kcaz
59 posts
Nomad

no one.. come on, does any one have an ideas?

theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

Ya sounds good.

kcaz
kcaz
59 posts
Nomad

yesss one

espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

yes =D

Adrokila
Adrokila
139 posts
Nomad

great ideas kcaz, i'd love to see them in a TD game, especially the attacker and defender thing.

kcaz
kcaz
59 posts
Nomad

yes, that was the main concept, the whole tower idea was kinda of side idea.

Does anyone have any idea how i could talk about this with someone who could make something like it, .or a sequel with the multiplayer idea?

I tryed game maker, although i do not know how to do the multiplayer thing with that

Mastercrafter
Mastercrafter
2 posts
Nomad

I dream of an TD that has following stats: Upgradable towers, that change a lil bit after upgrating (and i mean not only that thjey are bigeer or so.) Then There must be Science so that better towers not only costs a lot of more money but that the must be developmen be... or so. And to creeps: They should be lil more clever, so: A map should have more than one path, but only one spawn point and a finish point. The creeps sholuld at first randomly descide a path, but then , a higher creeps should take that path, where was lesser kills (that mean there should be a path-kill-counter) That mean some intelligent creeps Ya i know that sound crazy (i mean in each td creeps run stupid in their death ) Also its good to make a campaign similar to GemCraft. Also a big World map and so one... But i would make it a lil bit other: i woulkd make some countries and in each county so 3-5 Missions.

kcaz
kcaz
59 posts
Nomad

Hmmm great ideas everyone.

I guess i will email a game maker, thanks for all the advise!

omegaman2_1
omegaman2_1
385 posts
Shepherd

thats a great idea with the interchangeable tower parts. For attackers, just make it that you can buy different troops and you spawn them, but they cost money and you get money for each one that passes.

kcaz
kcaz
59 posts
Nomad

That was what i originally thought, but that is exactly like anti-TD, and I want to see an original game.

What i was thinking for the attackers could be you can upgrade parts like there feet, legs, body, arms, head etc. and that would change their stats

juior
juior
294 posts
Nomad

Thats a great idea

kcaz
kcaz
59 posts
Nomad

Thank You very much

kcaz
kcaz
59 posts
Nomad

Hmm, ok I think i know what you mean, I used to play online Warcraft3 for a while and i've played winter maul.

The differences between winter maul, and my game would be instead of a constant flow of creeps, you would have rounds. Also both the towers, and maybe the creeps would be fully customizable, where you could increase specific stats, while still mazing.

However, i could incorporate the income idea into my game, while changing it a little. I could make each upgrade of a body part (head, feet, legs, torso etc.) increase the amount of gold you would get while they live. For example, lets say your body upgrades, in addition the their stat increases, gave you 10g every 5 seconds. Then, while each of your creeps are alive, you get 10g each every 5 seconds.

I'm sorry if this is rather confuzing, and you might need to know what winter maul is to get it.

kcaz
kcaz
59 posts
Nomad

So... is anyone interested in making my game?

Also, just an update, dee4life and I are teaming up, so you can use both our ideas, and combine/change them anyway you would like.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

that sounds cool! i do not know how to make it, so i am going to play warcraft3!

Showing 1-15 of 18