ForumsWEPRBiggest fears

47 11535
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I know this may be kind of out of place, but I figure that if we can discuss the shelf life of a processed snack food after an atomic blast then this fits in well.

We all have atleast one deep rooted fear, and it comes from somewhere. Some we are born with, others are gained as we grow older.
For me, this is actually kinda difficult to just put out there. Yet the way I see it, if I put myself out on a limb then others may be willing to share.
Not only am I going to give what my deepest, darkest fears are...but what I think they rooted from. Or if I have no explanation, then I will just explain it. I have some basic fears that many people have, but they manifest in very odd ways. So here goes.

Heights: A lot of people ha this fear, I know. But my fear of heights only come out when I am high up in an open enviroment. Like a merry-go-round or ski lift. People were not meant to be that high above ground in such an open space. It is just wrong. Now, an airplane or the such I can handle. Even a zip line. Or sky diving. Noe, I know sky diving is the ultimate open eviroment, but atleast you go up in a plane. And if I happen to die, then it will be one helluva death.

The dark: Yeah, yeah. Only little kids and meek women are afraid of the dark. But my fear is only limited to one place: My own bedroom. I am more comfortable wandering the forests or a city street at midnight. All I can figure is that I feel very vulnerable in my own sactum, the one place I really let my guard down. For me, my bed room is a place for rest, relaxation and love making. So what would be worse than getting stabbed by a raccoon in your bedroom? Yes, a raccoon. Vicious rodents. They even have little bandit masks. All the better to hide in your dresser with.

Deep bodies of water: But only for swimming. Get me in a boat of any kind and I am fine. I am not afraid of sharks as much as I am just getting lost and dieing out in the middle of an ocean. Or some krakken eating me. You know those old skool maps that say "Here be monsters" miles past shores? They had a reason for that.

Umm...that is all I think.

• 47 Replies
billywill
billywill
70 posts
Nomad

Sharks scare me the most. Its not the fact that they will eat people or anything. I'm scared of them because of their eyes. Its like staring into a black hole, it just sucks your soul out by looking at their eyes.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Yeah. I'd hate to be swimming around a dark sea then suddenly I see a whale shark or a blue whale coming up to eat me.

Mr_Hobo_2100
Mr_Hobo_2100
153 posts
Nomad

Hights-I'm only afraid of like moutain tops and ski lifts anywhere where i can fall thats above avout 30ft

Dark-Only in my house, i just feel like theres something out of the ordinary when i cant see it.

Bugs/Spiders-I got stung by a bee as a child and i never really got over it.

Kendu10
Kendu10
202 posts
Nomad

My fear is to be alone in one room.

KidCorpFounder
KidCorpFounder
63 posts
Nomad

I have 5 biggest fears....

1.The Dark
2.The chance that terrorists might come to my town and kill me and my family.
3.Being Alone
4.Hights
5.Bees.

van_hooligan
van_hooligan
16 posts
Nomad

my 3 fears:
- loneliness
- needles
- and lightening @_@

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

my biggest fear is being raped.

barneythebeast
barneythebeast
12 posts
Nomad

i agree with the taco

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

He's not a taco!
I think you should check out [url]phobialist.com[/url] for a list of phobias. Some are wierd.

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

thank you my good man =)
THAT LIST IS HILARIOUS ( i know that some peolpe are actually afriad of those things but omg its just so dang funny!)

SnowballFighter
SnowballFighter
133 posts
Nomad

Getting convicted of sexual harassment crimes I didn't commit.

Getting caught for a murder.

Getting caught showing my gun to shut a jerk up.

Being buried alive.

Bugs in my house.

Snakes on a plane.

Snakes on a train.

Snakes gone insane.

Snakes with big brains.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

However funny it is (when I first saw it it cracked me up) it is really sad that these things exist. I really feel sorry for those who have those fears.

van_hooligan
van_hooligan
16 posts
Nomad

just to list 1 of the fears from that website:

Phronemophobia- Fear of thinking.

Skidzy
Skidzy
35 posts
Nomad

Im scared of big heights. a Few storys up im fine, but 6 storys and looking down, ugh.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

My biggest fear is defintly heights when I am on a ride if its up high I dont want to go on but I do and close my eyes so I cant look down

Showing 16-30 of 47