ForumsProgramming ForumWant to make simple games?

31 12232
jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

I found this site called YoyoGames and you can download a game maker from it. It's really simple, just download it and make games! It has forums and stuff where if you ask for help, you get it! Lol

Yoyo Games!

• 31 Replies
mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

NOO i meant i never made a game before and right now i don't know how to make one like how we make the main menu and stuffs?

Communist
Communist
522 posts
Nomad

@ jb701926: LOL!!!
@ matt15: so what good is it if we know not what to do with it?

dank
dank
983 posts
Peasant

Corrections:

To be considered sprites they actually have to be made of pixels

ALL images that you see on a computer/tv/whathaveyou are made of pixels. Sprites are simply graphical assets of a game.

...last time I checked photoshop was the built in image making program used on all adobe flash developing programs...

Flash has a graphics engine independent of Photoshop's. The latest versions of Flash have inherited Illustrators graphical environment.

And Photoshop isn't only a raster graphics program...it can handle vectors...just like Flash can handle raster graphics.

Photoshop can do some vectors, but it is not a vector environment. It would be better to do the vector work in a program such as Illustrator or Freehand.
jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@dank: Amen to your post. And yes, its not the best vector environment you can find but still...its good enough if you cant get your hands on Illustrator or Flash

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

ALL images that you see on a computer/tv/whathaveyou are made of pixels. Sprites are simply graphical assets of a game.

They're not actually made of pixels, they are shown in the screen as pixels

Corel Drawn is another good vector software, it even exports in Flash format

Maybe we should take this discussion to another thread, it can go a long way
jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

@Mattt15
You can't make menus and stuff. Think about it: I said simple games.

And what CaptainJSheridan said:

Maybe we should take this discussion to another thread, it can go a long way

I agree! And as I said, I made this thread to let you make games, not argue.
dragonman4994
dragonman4994
81 posts
Nomad

I got game maker, but when we got a new computer it got erased. I didn't mind though because it was too confusing for me. I didn' like that i couldn't upload the game on any other game sights than yoyogame.com.

mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

How about like the moving and stuffs what i added is just a pacman LOL!

jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

At least you did something with it! Lol

blackrabbit
blackrabbit
252 posts
Nomad

it is great to see other people using game maker, i have been using it for 2 years and made about 10 games(not published) to make a simple game on game maker go to the help section on it and the will be a tutorial to make a very simple game

recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

okay lame....

jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

Yeah, well go to YoYoGames and check out some of the top games and find out how wrong you are, Recon.

jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

Yay, at least someone likes it.

blackrabbit
blackrabbit
252 posts
Nomad

hey i like it

jb701926
jb701926