ForumsSupport ForumToo many users

41 10284
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

I've noticed that there are way too many users that don't even do anything or even plan to do anything on Armorgames. They just created an account to create an account. So I was thinking and maybe something can be made so if an account is not been used for more then a certain period of time, then I think it should be deleted. Even though they don't really take up space it just kind of bothers me. How do you guys feel about the massive amount of users that don't do anything?

• 41 Replies
SwitchFoot
SwitchFoot
43 posts
Shepherd

i highly agree. i have noticed, that out of around 35,000 that only around 5,000 are either constantly active, or at least are logged in enough to stay with the flow. I think that a 30 day idle period kick notification would be a good idea. What that is, is basically, if you don't log in with in 30 days, the account is deleted or put off. Also this would solve the problem of the referrals. The way you register, with no account or email verification makes it easier for people to enter "friends" e-mails and get the points. I think that this is a great idea, and that it should be brought to both, the moderators and Daniels attention. I fully support your grand idea. Props to ya on actually saying it, and finding the problem.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

some people create accounts to play games, not to talk to members, post on the forums, or rate/comment the games they play. Therefore deleting an account is almost useless, since the people will probably just make another one anyways.

and on the 30 day boot, what if someone decides to take a break from the internet? I do that occasionaly where I don't go on for months straight, so all that I've done would be deleted if I took a vacation!? honestly, that's messed up in my opinion. You'd have to have a switch or something to hit if say you wanted your account NOT to be deleted under the 30 day thing, that way vacationers don't lose everything they got because of an idea meant to clean out the extra profiles

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

I agree with raptorexx

zorvaz
zorvaz
202 posts
Nomad

wow that just made me think about it

Randombarry
Randombarry
69 posts
Nomad

it dosen't really bother me how much account there are at armor games.In fack, it makes me happy to see that many people play at armor games.And i completley agree with raptorExx, what happens if ur at a whole month vacation and u worked really hard on your account but suddenly got deleted or kicked out for not playing. So i rekon deleting accounts is a very bad idea.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

RaptorExx I'm talking about the people that do absolutely nothing. Sure they play games, but they can do that without an account. Also your account wouldn't be deleted because you have actually done something unlike those people who have 0 points for like the past 6 months.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Nick, Raptor said it right. There is no real sense in deleting the accounts. For all you know someone may not have known there was a forum and months later they become an active member in that sense.

People creating the accounts is also a good thing even if they do not use them to post. It let's us know how many users are creating accounts. It's very exciting!

SwitchFoot
SwitchFoot
43 posts
Shepherd

yes, very exciting indeed...but think about it like this. What if we take all the accounts that have 500 or lower armorpoints, and just deleted them. And mayeb even 250! This could be done once a year just to clear things up a bit. As it is, there are only a few forums posters!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I would only agree that two things could be done about this.

1. After a year of inactivity delete the account.
2. After 6 months of 0 APs then delete the account.

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

I think that like six months of inavtivity should be deleted and then 3 months with 0 points deleted.

SwitchFoot
SwitchFoot
43 posts
Shepherd

that would make sense. Because i have noticed, that you can referral by yourself! I for one, have not done this and am not going to. But because of the way you register, with no email verification sent out, you can basically have referrals for all of your friends emails. maybe adding one would help.

SwitchFoot
SwitchFoot
43 posts
Shepherd

yes, but what about my idea of an email verification process?

SwitchFoot
SwitchFoot
43 posts
Shepherd

well, my point was. You dont have to create another one. Just enter your friends and families email. If your that desperate. I have heard of a friend doing it. SO email verifications would verify that its not just a friends email, that has been entered.

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

do people really do that?

thats sad its easy to get points

RoY_aHoI77
RoY_aHoI77
163 posts
Jester

yeah you just had to post some comments that makes sense and get some friends to chat here and play some games and rate them after playin why doing so complicated??? .......losers^^

Showing 1-15 of 41