ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimal Farm

5 3426
ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

"Big Benny is going to tell us about the dream he had last night!!" A horse yelled. "Everyone to the barn!!"
Chickens clucked, pigs oinked, and cows lowed as they made their way to the barn. Big Benny stood at the center, on stack of hay. He was a handsome pig, having placed first prize in a contest. But he was growing old, and it was showing. His white fur was now a distant gray.
"Comrades!! I have had a dream. In my dream, us animals ruled the farm. Cruel Humans were nowhere in sight, and we did as we pleased. There was no farmer to whip us and starve us. It was only us. And I tell you this, comrades: There will be a huge fight against the humans. I don't know when it will be, but I promise, us animals will rule the farm."
Big Benny died the next day, but his ideas were not forgotten. The animals worked harder than ever, until one day, the farmer whipped them rather hard. The horses knocked down the farmer, and the geese pecked him out the gate. The day had come: The Animals had won.
"WE DID IT!!" The pigs then led everyone into the Farmhouse. "No one is to touch any of these things. No one will sleep on such comforts as beds. We are all equal!" And therefore, the Animals created Rules for Our Farm:
1. We are all equal
2. Anything with four legs, or wings is our friend
3. Anything with 2 legs and no wings is enemy
4. There will be no attacking other animals
5. No one goes inside the farmhouse
6. We will all work our hardest
And thus, the animals went in and worked for the harvest.
One month, the farmers came back. Snowball, the pig, yelled "ANIMALS UNITE!!" and attacked the farmers. Even when he was shot with a gun, he carried on and bit a human's ankle. The geese pecked and pecked, and Boxer, a horse, landed heavy blows with his hooves on the men.
"We won!" The battle was therefore named The Battle of the Cowshed.
Now the times were getting hard with winter, and now Snowball and Napolean, the two leading pigs, were always disagreeing. One day, Snowball said that a mill was needed. It had amazing gadgets and no more hard work would be needed. Napolean disagreed, and then gave a high whistle. Out of nowhere, nine huge dogs pounded forward and ran at Snowball. Snowball ran away for all he was worth, and he wasn't seen again. Then, Napolean turned to the animals and said that they needed a mill, and was only disagreeing because Snowball was a dirty thief who stole their food. No one dared argued him because of his nine huge dogs, going wherever he went. After several months, it was becoming clear that the food supply was low. No one abide by the rules anymore: They all did what Napolean said. One day, Napolean made an announcement that he was now to sleep in the farmhouse. The animals looked at the rules, and saw that it said:
No one is allowed in the farmhouse, except pigs.
No one remembered what the actual rule was, so no one argued.
One day, Napolean reminded them of how Snowball had yelled "Humans Unite!" and how he had been against the animals. Then, he called several animals up. He told the others how these animals had been helping Snowball. One by one, the animals told tales of how bad Snowball was and how they had been helping him. Then, they were viciously devoured by the dogs, feathers falling everywhere. The animals looked at the rules:
There is no attacking other animals, except if they are wrongdoers.
The animals shrugged, and went back to work. In 2 years, the mill was completed. No one remembered the days of how they had been happy and sung. No one remembered the Battle of the Cowshed. No one remembered Snowball, except as a dirty thief who stole their food. One day, there were noises coming from the farmhouse. They looked inside, and the pigs were walking on two legs. They were playing cards with the humans.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Anything with four legs and wings is good, but anything with two legs is better.
And with that, the animals turned back to the pigs. The humans and the pigs looked the same now.

It was impossible now, to tell the difference.

This is my own short version of the novel Animal Farm.

• 5 Replies
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

original,i must say,nobody thought of using animals to start a story,nice one!

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Is it too long for you people to read?!?! L-A-Z-Y!!!!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Not lazy, just knowing the story? This is no more than a summary of Animal Farm.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Exactly. It was such a great book that I just wanted more people to know about it. Besides, I said it's a short version of Animal Farm at the bottom of the post.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hmm, maybe you would get more attention in the &quotopular media" section? But I agree. It is a marvelous book, and people should read it, just to say that they have.

So, go read Animal Farm, by George Orwell (a pseudonym for Eric Arthur Blair).

Showing 1-5 of 5