ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHalloween Armatar Contest! SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!

230 64469
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hey Armor Gamers!

Well, I know most of you like themes, and of course armatars. So we are going to have a Halloween Armatar Contest! Yaaaay! That means that you get to draw an armatar, submit it to us, and we will choose some of them to be featured as armatars for Halloween! There is not a maximum or minimum number necessarily. So if everyone submits fantastic armatars, they all have the potential to be added!

As you know, Halloween is coming up quite quickly, so we don't have much time to get this done. So if you want to enter, try to get them in ASAP so we can get them up for Halloween. Just remember that they will just be up for a few weeks or so, and will not be a permanent armatar addition.

Ok, so here are some guidelines:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.

4. Must be Halloween themed.

I expect to see some really awesome submissions! Please try to get them in as soon as possible, so we can get as many as we can up before Halloween.

Let me know if you have any questions =)

Good luck!

• 230 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Yeah the black background makes it weird to stare at since the candy's so bright.

But FINALLY! Some candy, I tried making one but I couldn't decide on the colour so I gave up XD
It was a round candy too.

armor_warrior
armor_warrior
1,122 posts
Peasant

I like the color of the candy but the angles are a bit rough, then again nobody's perfect.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Okay I'll try to fix it up, thanks.

armor_warrior
armor_warrior
1,122 posts
Peasant

I am going to guess that it was made with paint which never turns out as good as you want it to, so for paint I think that all you can do is change the background.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

yeah it was made with paint, lol.

armor_warrior
armor_warrior
1,122 posts
Peasant

If you can then fix the angles and make a nice background, maybe a darker one with lighter words like "Candy!" "Trick or Treat!".

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

You can always make more Zophia ;-)
I know! But ideas! *shakes fist at the sky*

And that candy is actually very well made considering it's Paint. I wouldn't have guessed it was that program (take that as a compliment).
armor_warrior
armor_warrior
1,122 posts
Peasant

I thought that it was too, but I used to have paint and it's never nearly as good as others but not terrible if you're good, so that one was just a very good use of paint.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I know! But ideas! *shakes fist at the sky*

I have plenty ideas if you want a few! =) But not the programs or probably not the artistic talent to do them... awww!
armor_warrior
armor_warrior
1,122 posts
Peasant

I know one that would be very funny, since you're so good at chibis you should make a Jason chibi lol

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I wish these were year-round! or at least until the next holiday! These armatars are absolutely kick\\-butt!

armor_warrior
armor_warrior
1,122 posts
Peasant

I think that I will get different ones everyday so I can get all of their awesomeness soaked in.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Doh at the suggestions. :3
Carlie, any ideas you have, you should just post them. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like a bit of inspiration.

New one, new one!
What is Halloween without fake spiderweb decor?
And a cute little demonic spider to go with them. >
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Spidertar.jpg

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

@Zoph
That's better than my spider(s)! I didn't submit it because it's not very good and is pretty pointless. *Not to mention dull imo!*
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr50/SpyroSteak/SpiderArmatarEntry.gif
Plus he's fat!

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Looks like he's had a fly too many.
But yay for spideys!

Showing 61-75 of 230