ForumsPopular Media[necro] Jimmy page vs Randy Rhodes vs Slash vs Paul Gilbert

12 5461
ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

Alright I got four of my favorite guitarist of all times and I want to see who you guys think is truly the best guitarist of all times! Personally I cant decide though..

• 12 Replies
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

All of them are great, that's a really tough choice. But gotta go with Jimmy Page.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

I don't think any of those 4 are the best of all time...but between those 4 its no contest either PG of JP...and i'll have to go Paul Gilbert. Although i certainly can't deny the incredible influence of jimmy page on music...

web
web
225 posts
Nomad

jimmy page, so obvious. if you want to know the greatest of all time i'd say jimmy hendrix

Butters
Butters
918 posts
Nomad

The people that says Slash are guitar hero kids,he is the most overrated guitar player ever.

qwe853
qwe853
90 posts
Nomad

Jimmy Page! he's from the Led Zepplin. A band you can't compare with anyone. And the solos!!! even though they are old now, they are still awesome.
And to you guys who voted Slash: have you ever heard of Jimmy page, Randy Rhodes and Paul Gilbert? they are all much better! your just voting Slash because you don't know most awesome guitarist like Jimmy page and Jimi Hendrix etc.

ALUKARD1
ALUKARD1
786 posts
Nomad

I think Slash would win it would be a good match between him and Jimmy Page though.

darr76
darr76
1 posts
Nomad

Those who never heard of Jimmy Page. You don't know music

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

slash shouldnt be even mentioned on that list. lol every guitarist completley destroys him practically. i like tosin abasi

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

paul gilbert would beat all these guys in a battle i think.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Slash, because he's my favorite guitar player.

parrot657
parrot657
896 posts
Nomad

You guys do realize this thread is two years old, right?

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

Paul Gilbert is one of the best shred guitarists in the game. He can play almost any style of music.

Jimmy Page was a decent guitarists but mostly iconic.

Slash is a VERY popular guitarist for people just starting to get into guitar playing and music.

Randy Rhodes is MOTHER ****ING RANDY RHODES!!! He definitely has more skill than any of the guitarist mentioned but he wasn't as famous. He was still very famous though.

Showing 1-12 of 12