ForumsGame WalkthroughsMaster of Secret Sea - Treasures Hunting

36 70656
Z00mbiekiller
Z00mbiekiller
9 posts
Blacksmith

What you need to know about treasures:

- Talk with people in the taverns, coz sometimes you will find someone selling a treasure map(it seems to happen more often when you have assigned for 'search item' job in a town hall).
- Each map costs 2000 money.
- You can sell a treasure in a town hall that is looking for them.
- I dont know if its a bug or what, but when you have a treasure sometimes a guy in the tavern asks "Hey, is this the dark crystal(or any other treasure)? What about 10k for it?". You can sell for him, but the funny thing is that you dont have the dark crystal. It happened a lot to me.
- Finding treasures increase your explorer level and fame.

How to find a treasure:

1- Buy a map. You will receive something like this:
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8526/ancientmanuscriptmapee4.jpg
You can visualize it when you are at sea.

2- Well, now you should start navigating near the coast of the continent and islands to find a place exactly as in the map. The above map is for the ancient manuscript, near Triaste.
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3644/ancientmanuscriptkt4.jpg

3- Aproach the coast where the X is marked on the map, at low speed (or you can get stuck) then land and click search. Voilá!

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/479/landingrh7.jpg

These are the treasures that ive found already:

http://img440.imageshack.us/my.php?image=masterofsecretseatreasuou6.jpg

Yellow(near Libreville) - Golden Tear
Red(near Santo Guanta) - Saruman Orb
White(Port Halcourt) - Diamond Eyes
Orange(Aalborg) - Malachite Box
Green(Vlissingen) - Jade Jewelbox
Dark Blue(between Fortalesa and Puerto Caballo) - Garnet Brooch

plus the ancient manuscript.

If you have found different treasures, post here plz.

• 36 Replies
Chark711
Chark711
21 posts
Nomad

helpful

alapito
alapito
12 posts
Nomad

There is no dark crystal, restart the game until you don't get dark crystal as the artifact to find.

bjorndaking
bjorndaking
230 posts
Nomad

Thnx man, only needed your second post.

soccerdude5537
soccerdude5537
1 posts
Nomad

omg i cant find 1676's rum im north of haeman or w/e and i cant find it

MikalSerity
MikalSerity
3 posts
Nomad

After having read page after page of people describing the game in five words or less, I've decided to write a bit of a guide for this to help the new folks out. Be aware that this guide may become outdated and/or flat out obsolete.

Starting out:

First, don't bother going and fighting to get a bigger ship. Almost everyone on the high seas either travels in a group, or simply has a much bigger ship then you, and you'll probably get sunk real fast.

Instead, head for Moonstyn, and buy as much Vanilla as you can. Leave the port, and sail southeast till you hit Aalbarg. Sell the Vanilla, buy perfume. Sail back to Moonstyn, sell the perfume, buy Vanilla. Keep buying and selling in these two ports, buying food as necessary for your crew.

The more times you trade between these cities, the more money you will have. Very soon, you'll be able to completly fill your cargo hold with either the perfume, or the vanilla before you sail to the other city and sell, increasing your profits per leg even further.

When you are ready to buy a new ship, make sure you have at LEAST 20,000 MORE then the cost of the ship you plan on buying BEFORE you sell your current one. Then, buy the new ship, hire on your maximum complement of crew, resupply on food, and buy as many cannons and cannonballs as you can carry. Then, go back to trading between the two cities, buying and selling as normal to rebuild your cash reserves.

Main Quest: Okay...this thing has a few bugs unfortunatly. First, let me deal with them.

Bug #1: If the main quest storyline has you trying to find the dark crystal, start a new game. NO-ONE has yet to find the crystal, and there doesn't seem to be a map for it anywhere, though there is a rumor that the crystal can be found on a desert island. (Screenshot please anyone?)

Bug #2: It seems that the main quest bugs if you save and reload your game while your still hunting for the main quest item, making you hunt for the Dark Crystal instead of whatever you were initially asked to find. if this happens, your pretty much out of luck it seems.

(Possible) Bug #3: It SEEMS (though I can't confirm this) that your supposed to run into someone while hunting for the main quest item who tells you who you are and/or helps you find the main quest item. Because I go straight for the location of the main quest item (thus avoiding Bug #2) I never run into this guy. As a result, it may bug the game out, but again, I can't confirm this one way or the other.

Okay, on to the other items:

Treasure Maps: These are found COMPLETLY AT RANDOM by talking to people in Taverns and buying them for 2,000 gold. When you arrive in a town, the tavern is randomized and people there may or may not have a map. To reset the tavern and try again, sail out of the city, and then sail back in.

FINDING a treasure is a little tricky. Once you have the treasure map, compare it to your global map, and then what your seeing on screen as your sailing around. When you can match the map to what you see on screen, sail to the X, and beach the boat DIRECTLY onto it by sailing into land. Then hit "L" to land and then choose to search. If you landed exactly on the X, you should find the treasure. If not, sail a little bit to either side and try again. If you still can't find it, make sure your in the right place (compare landmarks, trees, rocks, mountains etc.)

The Global Map: This seems to be a complaint for a lot of folks. As far as I can tell, the map doesn't give you the listing of cities in alphabetical order. Instead, it goes from the city in the top left (northwest) part of the map, and goes to the right (eastward) all the way across the map, and essentially circles the map, hitting each town in order.

Combat: Oh boy. First things first: The gunners on your ship arn't the brightest. Instead of using spacebar to fire, use Z or X. Each one controls ONE side of your ship, letting you fire in just the direction you want.

Anyway, I can't think of anything else at the moment. If someone can find the Dark Crystal and post a screenshot of it, that'd be extremely helpful. Aside from that, I hope this guide is helpful.

UPDATE: I received a Treasure Map for the Dark Crystal from one of the people in the tavern. To stave off any questions of "Where!?" please read the above paragraph about treasure maps. In any event, I can now tenatively confirm that the Dark Crystal is a bugged item, because the map I was given pointed me directly at the location of the Banland Stone, and when I picked it up, the treasure map received the little green checkmark, indicating that its treasure had been found. So, that said, the treasure for the Dark Crystal seems to be bugged for certain. If there's a workaround or fix in the works on this I don't know. But at least now we know it's definitly bugged.

bandgeek431
bandgeek431
1 posts
Nomad

i found the dark crystal. i bought it from some guy in a tavern for 2000gp. i just started playing the game so i did not know what i was doing, sorry

sUpergaMeAddictman
sUpergaMeAddictman
2 posts
Nomad

lol, no offence, but ur a noob. u cant buy items from people in taverns! u probably bought the MAP, which is bugged because it doesnt accually lead to the dark crystal.

omarlol
omarlol
66 posts
Nomad

First the rusty blade its on the other side of wandepoints island.
The ancient herb of life is on the other side of the rock (in the middle of the world)with a ship on it(bottom right)
The black jade of evil is in the weird shaped rock on the middle of the world (like the ancient herb) on top left.its in the hole on the rock's right side.
The samuran orb is in a gigantic hole near santo guanta.
The golden tear is just across libreville
Aztec gold coins is to the north of Port Dun
hope this helps (sorry for not putting pictures, it didn't let me)

omarlol
omarlol
66 posts
Nomad

oh, forgot if you want NaN gold (infinite gold buy something from the market, go to banland, and sell it.
Banland isn't in the map, its secret. To get to Banland go downwards close to libreville down a kind of a stream keep going downwards out of the map and then youre there

CHickenobi
CHickenobi
1 posts
Nomad

On the third bug MikalSerity it's true that you a guy shows up saying that he knows you. ( It hapened to me) but then i got attacked by pirates and died . Suggested you go to aalbarg though. where it showd up last time. Also if you hapen to take any other missions from townhalls it seems the mission becomes impossible. Changing ships im not quite sure but I think you cant change ships until the main quest starts... ( yet to verify)

oldschoolpimp
oldschoolpimp
1 posts
Nomad

[b] IF YOU WANT A NEW SHIP, BOARD A BIGGER SHIP DURNING BATTLE THEN YOU CAN KEEP IT. (ment for people who went to banland)

Damnevil
Damnevil
75 posts
Shepherd

Good!

Mitja
Mitja
2 posts
Nomad

Buying ships is nonsense, if you're good enough you can go straight to a galley trough a battle. Just save up 20k, get into a fight with a galley near a port, and when you're done, repair it, hire the crew, buy the food and you're invincible!

My galley has 54 cannons from the start, so you don't need to buy cannons. I suggest battle galleys, they seem to have more cannons.

ggg123
ggg123
2 posts
Nomad

the glitch about the dark crystal can happen anywhere, i think because one time i went to adelaine and got the job of finding the dark crystal and i also immediately reported it and also got a lot of cask now i have over 300k

Galleonfleet
Galleonfleet
125 posts
Peasant

I need to look for Dark Crystal too.
I brought a map but I went to check treasure maps and it wasn't there. Darn I have to start the game again cause there ain't no Dark Crystal in the game. D:

Showing 16-30 of 36