ForumsSupport ForumLog Off Automatically

24 4203
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

You may think I'm stupid or something, but i just noticed that when you close your window or browser or even when you restart your computer you're still logged in!

What if when you closed your window or do anything that i mentioned about, you log off automatically?If you turn off your computer then someone can turn it on and use your account and spam while you're gone.

What do you think?

If this thread is duplicated please tell me providing a link.

• 24 Replies
PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

And isn't it so that if you log onto another computer, you won't stay logged in at the first?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But many people forget every now and then.Why can't this site do it like every other one?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I think that it happens if you have been inactive in that time? I'm not entirely sure.

Yea I get logged out every so often. I never log out because when I'm off my computer, i log off my (Comp account) and it is password locked.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Look my idea is like this.I do have PW protect and all that but sometimes i forget to log off.When you leave you always close the window.I want to get automatically logged off if i forget to log out myself.You know what i mean?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Ok I might as well show you something:

My clan website has a feature where you can choose when to automatically log off, such as:

1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, or forever. So when that hour is up, the account is logged off, same for 1 day and 1 week. If you have a private, password-protected computer and you feel your account is safe, you can have the forever option, where your account is never logged off at that certain IP address. AG has a 2 week feature. I would personally like 1 day, because I can't see anyone staying on AG for more than 24 hours.

N00BKiller
N00BKiller
255 posts
Peasant

i dont think this should be there. so if we are an only child then why should we log on again for no reason?

But i DO think we should add it on outr control panel so we can switch it on and off if we want to!

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

(Ohm eye gawd, N00bkiller is alive!!!)

For the part about choosing which pattern to log off on, I would say yes to that. For logging off, there are reasons. It's for privacy reasons, and because of those privacy reasons, its in the T&C rule page. It's an indirect perma ban if you disobey this rule. Before you go quoting me, here's why. We don't know when you're going to get hacked if you leave your account unattended for, so whenever you do, it would be the hackers' fault if you get banned, not you in general, though it would be partly your fault for not logging off.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

For logging off, there are reasons. It's for privacy reasons, and because of those privacy reasons, its in the T&C rule page. It's an indirect perma ban if you disobey this rule. Before you go quoting me, here's why. We don't know when you're going to get hacked if you leave your account unattended for, so whenever you do, it would be the hackers' fault if you get banned, not you in general, though it would be partly your fault for not logging off.

: ). Yes it would be your fault. Why should this function be created, for YOUR fault?
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

: ). Yes it would be your fault. Why should this function be created, for YOUR fault?

Exactly. Not too many people are hacked on AG, and the number would be cut in major fractions if we just give an awareness that there's a small, frail little link button that awaits being clicked.
Showing 16-24 of 24