ForumsWEPR[Necro] World War 2

57 29823
thewilddingo
thewilddingo
49 posts
Nomad

The U.S.A has the most power in the world and is considered the superpower....but why ?

The only major thing that we did was bomb Japan

Webombed them

germany gave up because they were afraid right?? how come they couldn't just bomb us to continue the war??the germans had so much power....why did they basically put it to waste???

• 57 Replies
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Yeah the Germans completely underestimated the Russian winter and wren't prepared fot it.

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

True, the Germans didn't even have enough winter clothing and enough supplies to even in the first place brave a Russian winter, and they paid dearly for it.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Yeah the Germans completely underestimated the Russian winter and wren't prepared fot it.

Not really. Many of the German Field Commanders wanted winter clothing and equipment, but due to Hitlers idiocy he forbade anyone even planning for a war in the winter calling it defeatism, convinced the war would be over in a single summer. If anything Hitler underestimated the sheer size of Russia and the speed that supplies would need to reach troops for this aim to be achieved.
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Also, though, woody, Hitler put priority on trains headed FROM Eastern Europe carrying Jews, and that meant the supplies couldn't travel the fastest way possible.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

True, Americans never pull out of wars unless there is a dire reason for their doing so. Plus, when no one attacks your homefront, you can ship troops and weapons with ease and use them to crush your enemy, and America has done this many many times in wars.

Germany had set out to win global domination, but after quite a few early victories, they just started to crumble a little. They started falling apart when the U.S started fighting on the Allies side.

I think Germany began crumbling in 1943. The blow that would spell doom for the Nazis was dealt in 1944. The Americans joined in sometime after Pearl Harbor, 1942. So I think you are wrong.

Also, though, woody, Hitler put priority on trains headed FROM Eastern Europe carrying Jews, and that meant the supplies couldn't travel the fastest way possible.

Oh yeah, he wanted to cleanse the Jews from the Earth more than killing the Allies. Hitler is one crazy man.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Not true. Operation Barbarossa actually put halt to the Holocaust with most railways being diverted for troops. The vast majority of Jews in the USSR were shot by the Wermacht and the Einsatzgruppen, gassings mainly took place in Poland. There are many reasons for this I will not delve into now, although I will not argue against the fact that the divertion of resources towards the Holocaust did hinder Germany's capacity to wage war.
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Hmmm....
I didn't know that.

Though, Russia has been saved many, many times by their harsh winter.
Hitler was only the latest victim.(Imagine that, Hitler, a victim!!!)

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Hmmm....
I didn't know that.

Its a common misconception with regards to the Holocaust. As is the number of people killed in the gas chambers. In fact almost as many were just rounded up and shot than killed in gas chambers.
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Yeah, and I heard from my great-uncle that the Jewish Allied soldiers were told to keep their dog tags in their gloves, and to throw their gloves into the snow if they were captured by the Nazis. That way, because the Nazis never found out that they were Jews, they would go the the regular POW camp instead of you-know-where...

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Yeah, and I heard from my great-uncle that the Jewish Allied soldiers were told to keep their dog tags in their gloves, and to throw their gloves into the snow if they were captured by the Nazis. That way, because the Nazis never found out that they were Jews, they would go the the regular POW camp instead of you-know-where...

It would be sad if you were a Jew. Luckily, there will probably not be another anti-Semitic massacre like the Holocaust.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Luckily, there will probably not be another anti-Semitic massacre like the Holocaust.

"If you forget history you are doomed to repeat it."

The Jews have been persecuted wherever they go. Even in my home town 150 Jews were killed burnt alive in Cliffords Tower. (nb until recently Jews were banned from living in York under their own law in retaliation to what happened to them). The Holocaust was not unique but it was extreme and it would be strange if the biggest atrocity to the Jews was the thing that improved their situation the most.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

The Jews have been persecuted wherever they go. Even in my home town 150 Jews were killed burnt alive in Cliffords Tower. (nb until recently Jews were banned from living in York under their own law in retaliation to what happened to them). The Holocaust was not unique but it was extreme and it would be strange if the biggest atrocity to the Jews was the thing that improved their situation the most.

I meant to say that there would not probably be a anti-Semitic genocide, like the Holocaust. Anyway, we all know that Jews are persecuted in many locales but why? Someone please tell me why you think many people hate Jews and everything associated with them compared to other races/religions.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Sorry.

Hitler thought they were inferior and blamed them for Germany loosing WWI
Some Christians blame the Jews for killing Jesus (ironic since he was a Jew)
I York it was simply bacause someone borrowed som e money from a Jew (Aaron of Lincoln). He couldn't pay the debt back so he got a mob together to kill an agent of Aaron's which ended up kiling everyone.
I think in general the Jews are seen as outsiders, until Israel was formed they hadn't had a place of their own for thousands of years. Instead having to live in other peoples countries I suppose reulting in a "taking our jobs" "eating our food" idea.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I understand. I do agree that WWI had something to do with Hitler hating Jews. It is puzzling how in just fifteen years, he rose from being a mere citizen of the devastated German Empire to the dictator of Nazi Germany. The Germans believed that he would restore their glory and wealth since the German economy collapsed during the years after WWI. Hitler did revitalize his homeland's economy and military, only to smash it to pieces, twelve years after he gained power. WWII would of probably never occurred if WWI didn't break out. Also the same with the Cold War. If Nicholas II stayed in power as tsar, then the Soviet Union could of never existed. The past history from WWI to the breaking up of the Soviet Union would of never happened if WWI probably didn't ever take place.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Speculation ain't cool. History isn't about what could have happened, it's about what did happen and how people's perceptions of those happenings changed over time. Historians call these types of what-ifs "counter-factuals," because these parameters are much more complex than we take them to be.

Showing 31-45 of 57