ForumsSupport ForumPreview Post button

24 4524
draterami
draterami
78 posts
Nomad

I've read about people wanting an edit post button. Then an add-on button to the post. However, a way to fix these mistakes before they are even posted in the first place is a "Preview Post" button.

You write your post, and instead of just the option to post what you've written, you can also preview it, before it goes up on the board for all to see. It's already been implemented in a number of other forums, from the metal-archives forum, to the explosm forum, and many many more.

This would mostly be useful for seeing if your codes have worked (urls, images, quotes), and would prevent double and triple postings whilst people try to get it right.

• 24 Replies
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I like it more for the commands purpose

I agree it could help especially with very long posts with lots of BB and also when posting images, it's annoying when you are forced to double post because the image didn't come out right.
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

i have always wanted this because i am horrible at spelling, thus i'm always spelling words wrong and i don't notice it til i post it. this would help me and about everyone on the site.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Its a nice idea I will say, its also very much needed but I don't it will get here until around February if it comes to Armor Games.

Matty360
Matty360
764 posts
Nomad

Sometimes I'm in a rusk so I just type then instantly click post your reply so that's a good idea but I think this topic has been posted before. Am I wrong?

Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

Maybe even and "Edit Post"?

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

completely off topic, but I had to reply to this.

Maybe even and "Edit Post"?

the edit post button idea has not been implemented because it would let spammers/flamers do their thing and then change it before mods came so that they would not have any real evidence about them spamming so they couldn't be banned.
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

the edit post button idea has not been implemented because it would let spammers/flamers do their thing and then change it before mods came so that they would not have any real evidence about them spamming so they couldn't be banned.

well maybe they can have the chance to edit there post, but for a limited time like there would be something written like "you have 1 minute to edit your post for errors" eh?

Btw, sorry for being offtopic xD
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

The edit post option can be available for the mods and admins.

Anyways, I have nothing against this idea.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Good new and bad news.

Well we like the idea, and it would be great to implement it. But we just don't have the developer man-power to get it done right now.

Carlies own words. They like it which is good, but they cant put it in yet which is bad.
Showing 16-24 of 24