ForumsSupport Forum[NECRO] Forum Suggestions

12 2668
PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

First off, if this is just a duplicate of other threads (which makes it lock-worty) just lock it.

Anyway, I had two things to comment on the forums.
First is what I'd call a minor bug. When you've posted a reply to a thread and that reply is the first on a new page, (when I witnessed it, it was from page 1 to 2,) the page selector doesn't appear. The one with 'Pages: « PREV 1 2' etc. Not that annoying, but just thought I'd point it out.

The second is something I think more people are asking for. When you type a longer reply or topic, you have to scroll an awful amount in the small message box. Perhaps it's an idea to make it flexible? For example, the minimum height is the one it is set at now, but when you type more, the box expands - thus allowing you to read your whole post. This would make things a bit easier, I feel.
Or, as I saw someone post in this forum before, some way to preview your post. I have made a couple of -admitted- stupid errors when using the forum codes, which could've been prevented.

In any case, let me know what you think. Thanks!

• 12 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Glad to see a gold serf who knows what happens to duplicates.

The second thing has most definitely been suggested a few times before, with variations in the details. I support that suggestion, though. Kind of. The temporary solution, is to type your post/comment in something like Notepad or TextEdit.

The first, hm, yes, that glitch does actually tend to annoy me every so often. I'm pretty sure everybody knows about it, and it would be sort of nice if they took care of it... Not the most important thing, but would be nice.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

The first one has a simple solution. refresh the page 1-2 times!

i dont really care about the second...i think its fine as is!

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

Refreshing is an option, indeed. However, it would be a bit easier if you didn't have to! It's nothing major, definately... but why refresh the page a couple of times when it's also possible to have it there immediately?

And the second was indeed optional. Something to make posting just a little bit easier, but as you pointed out Owen, hardly necessary.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Eh, the glitch one is just a glitch, and I just refresh the page and move on... but it does get annoying.
As for the previewing your post, I would love this. Especially when I am using BB code, it would be especially helpful.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The flexible comment box is already made but it's not available n Internet Explorer and Firefox. You need to download Google Chrome and the comment/post box has some dots in it's bottom right corner which allows you to make it bigger.

Your #1 suggestion is not problem you're just lazy to click2-3 times.

Your #2 suggestion is already suggested but i still want it to be available but now i don't. Use Google Chrome that way we can give less work to the ArmorStaff.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Hmm, Those fancy writings and symbols would be great if we could use them, Latin would be nice and also with Cocoa;

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

@juan: I love my firefox... so I guess I'll just have to live with it then Other than that, the two things you pointed out are quite true. Thanks for the reply!

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

The second is something I think more people are asking for. When you type a longer reply or topic, you have to scroll an awful amount in the small message box. Perhaps it's an idea to make it flexible? For example, the minimum height is the one it is set at now, but when you type more, the box expands - thus allowing you to read your whole post. This would make things a bit easier, I feel.
Or, as I saw someone post in this forum before, some way to preview your post. I have made a couple of -admitted- stupid errors when using the forum codes, which could've been prevented.

Yeah, that's about the only thing that Safari has that Firefox doesn't. If I got this right, then what you're talking about is a build in feature of your browser. It has nothing to do with Armorgames. The only way to solve this is to post a review to Mozilla, who made Firefox.
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I have problems with the 1st which does get on my nerve.And for the 2nd I also like that because if your writing a review on a game you might want to make a spell check and you have to scroll up and down good suggestions I must say.

0331Canha
0331Canha
1 posts
Nomad

None of my keyboard controls are working. Never had this problem and I've been playing on here for 2 years. Help!

Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

None of my keyboard controls are working. Never had this problem and I've been playing on here for 2 years. Help!

This has come up maybe 100 times now, please check the other forums before posting on one. As a matter of fact, one came up a few minutes ago. Anyways, Google Chrome has this issue where the keyboard controls don't work. If you want to play games use Internet Explorer or FireFox.
Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

Also, please avoid posting on necro (dead) threads. It is very unappreciated, is against the rules, and can get you banned.

Showing 1-12 of 12