analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Art, Music, and Writing → Thanksgiving Armatar Contest!
Hello Armor Gamers!
The Halloween Armatar Contest was so successful, that we will be doing it for other holidays as well! It was a great opportunity to see all of the creative talent on Armor Games.
So now we are on the theme of Thanksgiving! I know this is a mostly Americanized holiday, and that it doesn't really reflect what happened historically... but it is still a good time of year to spend time with friends and family, and eat some delicious food!
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be Thanksgiving themed.
Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome armatars =)
- 197 Replies
Do you mean the paint option on the computer? Where can i find that?
Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> Paint
Hopefully my images disappear since I updated them and I need the new images to show. But here is a turkey with a hat:
The hand turkey might not scale down well smaller than 100 x 100
Kingryan, there is a line at the bottom of your image that I don't think you meant to be there.
I know...that appeared when I converted it into a JPEG...let me try and fix that...
200 x 200
What do people think?
Really cool Gantic I like it alot.Quesion to Carlie, when will they be on the site?
Great entries everyone!
@howlett- im pretty sure it will be as soon as Carlie looks at this topic again.
It will be up during Thanksgiving Break, or a couple days before. We've got another week to go.
... Why...?Because of the text.
And I am definitely liking the entries so far.
I think that Gantic's entery is the best so far. Keep up the good work everyone! ;-)
Mine would've been better if I could've summoned up a better background... But I made a pretty awesome capricorn, if I do say so myself. I like the turkey too, Gantic. Once we get the hang of this, we could very well make some pretty great Christmas armatars!
Technically this contest was over before it started.
Thanksgiving was in October.
Yah, I'm Canadian.
I do not even live in a country with Thanksgiving, still I am in the comp. Carlie said it was a American holiday, thus it being made for the American Thanksgiving, not the Canadian.
Uhh, what exactly are we supposed to do? I forgot...
Your supposed to read the first post?
You draw a thanksgiving themed 100x100 picture and post it here.
Not what you're supposed to do, but what you can do, Rox =)
Simply create a picture that deals with Thanksgiving and upload it here, in link form. That will be turned into an armatar next week and other users will be able to use it. Pretty cool actually, wish I participated in the Halloween one...
Thread is locked!