ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThanksgiving Armatar Contest!

197 36996
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

The Halloween Armatar Contest was so successful, that we will be doing it for other holidays as well! It was a great opportunity to see all of the creative talent on Armor Games.

So now we are on the theme of Thanksgiving! I know this is a mostly Americanized holiday, and that it doesn't really reflect what happened historically... but it is still a good time of year to spend time with friends and family, and eat some delicious food!

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.

4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be Thanksgiving themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome armatars =)

• 197 Replies
darkd00m
darkd00m
505 posts
Nomad

Do you mean the paint option on the computer? Where can i find that?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> Paint

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Hopefully my images disappear since I updated them and I need the new images to show. But here is a turkey with a hat:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/hatturkey.gif

The hand turkey might not scale down well smaller than 100 x 100

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Kingryan, there is a line at the bottom of your image that I don't think you meant to be there.

I know...that appeared when I converted it into a JPEG...let me try and fix that...

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/turkeyfix.jpg
200 x 200

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/turkeyfix-1.jpg
100x100

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/turkeyfix-1-1.jpg
50x50

What do people think?

KingRyan
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Really cool Gantic I like it alot.Quesion to Carlie, when will they be on the site?

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

Great entries everyone!

@howlett- im pretty sure it will be as soon as Carlie looks at this topic again.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It will be up during Thanksgiving Break, or a couple days before. We've got another week to go.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

... Why...?
Because of the text.

And I am definitely liking the entries so far.
Maria4ever
Maria4ever
79 posts
Nomad

I think that Gantic's entery is the best so far. Keep up the good work everyone! ;-)

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Mine would've been better if I could've summoned up a better background... But I made a pretty awesome capricorn, if I do say so myself. I like the turkey too, Gantic. Once we get the hang of this, we could very well make some pretty great Christmas armatars!

Lynoth
Lynoth
509 posts
Nomad

Technically this contest was over before it started.
Thanksgiving was in October.
Yah, I'm Canadian.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I do not even live in a country with Thanksgiving, still I am in the comp. Carlie said it was a American holiday, thus it being made for the American Thanksgiving, not the Canadian.

roxofrs123yo
roxofrs123yo
76 posts
Nomad

Uhh, what exactly are we supposed to do? I forgot...

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Your supposed to read the first post?

You draw a thanksgiving themed 100x100 picture and post it here.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Not what you're supposed to do, but what you can do, Rox =)

Simply create a picture that deals with Thanksgiving and upload it here, in link form. That will be turned into an armatar next week and other users will be able to use it. Pretty cool actually, wish I participated in the Halloween one...

Showing 46-60 of 197