ForumsArt, Music, and Writing"Tressed"

3 2408
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

There was a young agent named Ashley Davis who receives many, many contracts for eliminating criminals of all kinds of different levels, from thieves and bank robbers, to mass murderers that are trained killers. Her reputation of 5 years soon escalated, and mission control soon gave her one of her hardest missions ever.

She was to investigate this mansion that housed three vampire relatives that go on frequent hunts. The government was more confined to these vampire traditions, but since the recent discoveries of human bodies idling the streets of London, Ashley Davis was the one to stop it. The three criminals' names were: Madrid Harsik, Dylan Flowers, and Elaine Redrion. They have left her a map, so there she went, out all by herself, into that mansion; her reward: 10 million pounds.

The door opened with a creak, and already she did not like the sound of her new mission. The floors winced at the pressure of her foot pressing on it and the webbings from spiders decorated the walls. There were many large portraits of many seemingly important people in fancy garments that were probably from the nobility. Deceased family members? Who knew.

"Ahh, Tressed, welcome to our humble villa!" Came a voice from the corner. A man with a purple robe with fine gold decorations that dotted the outsides greeted her with a bow.

"Tressed? My name's not Tressed, its---"

"Ahh, but your name in THIS HOUSE is Tressed, my dear. My master's family takes much value in his guests' nicknames. Mine is Nalyd Srewolf.

"I have no intention of your name or my assumed name, I must see your master this instant!" I loaded my pistol.

"But this personal matter can wait, Dressed. For now, we must celebrate your coming."

"Celebration? From me? Why? You people don't even know me."

"But everyone knows YOU, Miss Tressed, you, the famous bounty hunter, that accepts any and all kinds of criminal missions. YOU my lady, are the sole person that keeps this town safe, you know. Its not the constables, its YOU." He checks his pocket watch, then barely nods. "However, it is time for you and I to dine. Have fun, relax, be at peace, make yourself at home. We have a grand feast especially for your coming."

"But I--"

"Come on, I insist. Lay your weapon down, we have no need of such violence here. Here, let me open the door for you; smell the scent, and you'll DEFINITELY think twice..."

He opens the door, and a splendid smell creeps out the crevices. He leads me into the opening, where a grand hall with fine, glamorous, beautiful kitchen ware is spread around a giant, long silver table, where the maximum number of participants in a meal were 20. A marvelous gold chandelier glimmers with every slight swaying move with an assortment of colors from the crystals' spectrum. A crackling fireplace, the size of a large caravan's bonfire is burning, enough to keep the room cozy and warm. Mister Srewolf was right, I couldn't accept his offer... I tried, but my belly was growling. A young turkey and roasted hog were put out on the table, almost imploring me to enter. A giant cornucopia was set out as well, bearing over 12 different fruits of generous quantities.

"Well Tressed?" Asked Srewolf. "Will you join us?"

"I...guess I can put off my mission for a while longer..."

We entered, and immediately, 5 different people greeted us.

"Greetings Tressed, I'm Dirdam Kisrah, and the rest are Iniale Noider, Mit Reywas, and Bob Ihcioy. You've already met Nalyd Srewolf...." Mister Srewolf bows, feeling praised.

"We like to welcome you to this feast. Eat to your heart's content, then be on your merry way. We like to celebrate for you, and you only, for you are the bounty hunter that keeps evil at bay."

"Why all the names?" I sat down on an embroidered rocking chair.

"It's simple. I like to give others nicknames for a party, I do it all the time. It's pretty easy to figure out how, if you'd like to figure out my secrets. These aren't really our names, these are party names, that I PERSONALLY give out to all my guests.

"Well, I'd love to stay and all, but... I must hunt down these criminals, they are vampires and must be stopped. See, their names are---"

"...Such matters can wait. For now, we must make sure that the famed bounty hunter receives proper compensation for her life-threatening efforts to our poor town. Surely, you can put off one measly assignment for one night?"

"Well, I suppose so...my contractors said that this was a most important task. But I can wait! Let's eat!"

I couldn't control myself.

I took out my knife and stabbed at anything I could eat, the turkey, the hog, the green bean casserole, then my spoon with the mashed potatoes, I grabbed a hand full of grapes from the cornucopia, I just completely gorged myself! It was delicious food! I was in Heaven with this house. I wanted to stay so bad, I really didn't want to finish this mission..just stay for as long as possible.

"Yes, let's. Stuffed human is the best food on the list, wouldn't you say, ladies and gentleman?"

The group of people quickly raised their seats, but I was one step ahead of them.

"SO! YOU guys are the vampires! I shouldn't have shirked in my duty, for I got a little too carried away. Thanks for the food and all, but now I must gain my REAL compensation!"

My pistol loaded once again, I aimed swiftly at Madrid, who just laughed.

"But Dressed, the party just begun! And you are getting more carried away as usual, for you have just lost your footing!"

Immediately, I looked down at my feet, where a tied rope was dangling above my ankles. My "trusted" butler Dylan pulled the rope, grasping my shins and suspending me above the diner table, using the gold chandelier.

"HAHAHAHAA! Time to dine, ladies and gentleman!!"

Maybe it was Panic at work here, but I instantly figured out the naming process. Their names were spelled backwards! As the guillotine from the gold chandelier snapped and fell down my neck, I realized what my name really meant...

• 3 Replies
frogger
frogger
116 posts
Nomad

good not much else to say, but good.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Very nice story. I couldn't help reading it. Best story I've ever read, If I might say so myself.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the feedback, I enjoyed my story too =)

Showing 1-3 of 3