ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWinter Holiday Armatar Contest

261 53625
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

Well, I think we can successfully say after the Halloween and Thanksgiving armatar contests, that you guys like these contests! So of course we need one for the winter holiday season. This is not going to be restricted towards Christmas. Entries for other winter holiday celebrations are also encouraged! So if you celebrate Yule, Hanukkah, Christmas, etc., or just like snow, feel free to submit an armatar about it so long as it fits the winter holiday theme. This has a wide range of possibilities!

I know this is opening up a bit earlier than the other contests have, but I know people have started making them already. So they might not be posted as soon as they are submitted, but this is a place where you can post them and have them organized.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.

4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be winter holiday themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome armatars =)

• 261 Replies
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Right, well thanks and I did it. I hope nothing is wrong now.

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/96Zega96/SnowArmatarthing-2.png

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Cenere! How did you do that? It was so cool man!

(Sorry for double posting!)

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Am I too late?

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3262/agfireplacery6.jpg

(hope this link works)

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Seems like yours is gonna be added Shayneii, and no, you are not to late. T___T I just feel so bad now that all of my custom armatar stinks.

Halbmann
Halbmann
6 posts
Shepherd

you guys rock haha

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

you guys rock haha

Thank you Halbman, but that was a bit random. Lol.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

How do you know if it seems like mine's gonna be added? :P, and sweet, I am not too late :P

And yeah... so random halbmann... I'd even go out on a limb and call that spam... heheh

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

@shayneii

What program did you use? The fire compared to the rest of the picture makes the rest of it look bad.

I'm preparing a last minute entry.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Yeah... I used Photoshop but I used it in a kind of MS Paint-ish style I guess. And yeah... I thought the fire was kind of out of place but I didn't know how else to draw it!! It looks too realistic compared to the rest of the pic I know.

I used the Smudge tool to just smudge an orange line up until it looked like fire... lol

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

You can try to make the rest of it darker, with more contrast. It will look better.

Well here's my last entry. I know someone already did a dradle, but I started mine earlier and forgot to finish it.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o378/mopkey/Dradle.jpg

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Hmm... I've seen one of those before but I don't exactly know what it is. What is a dradle? And nice design btw :P

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

@Zega:
Layer-options when it came to the way it should blend and the opacity. Not that hard, can be done in GIMP, though I made the change in Photoshop. Smudge and some play with a dark blue, as well as a white and lighter blue. But hard to do with a touchpad. At least I was not to draw anything.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Horray! My armatar got up! Thanks Carlie.

Hmm... I've seen one of those before but I don't exactly know what it is. What is a dradle? And nice design btw :P

Look on page 24 I think, I did the same question.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Not that hard, can be done in GIMP, though I made the change in Photoshop.

Yeah, ok. I use GIMP, but a Swedish version. I think it is called GNU. -.- What a p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c name. lol

(Sorry for double posting!) :P
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

GIMP actually stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program.
So... Yeah. And congrats on finally getting one up.

Showing 226-240 of 261