Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

What exactly is a Merit?

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 5:07pm

Annihalation

Annihalation

491 posts

Can someone tell me what a merit is? And what is their significance?

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 5:18pm

Zachattack16

Zachattack16

197 posts

Check World of Chaos!
Haha sorry I'm excited (:

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 5:22pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,642 posts

A merit is an award for writing an excellent comment on a game or winning something, like one of the contests in the Art, Music, and Writing forum.

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 5:26pm

VANS_GENERAL

VANS_GENERAL

6 posts

oh so thats a merit

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 6:02pm

Zophia

Zophia

9,535 posts

Oh, I love it when I can just copy/paste a previous post of mine... This gets asked a lot. :P

From the Help section:
[quote]Merits are earned by writing constuctive,original, and thoughtful comments in the Games section. We reward those who take the time to think out a good comment, as it contributes a lot to the website and sets a good example for others. The post does not have to be a book in length, but should be interesting enough to grab our attention. For each merit you recieve, you will earn 25 AP and your post will stand out. Only moderators and administrators give out merits. You can help us choose who gets the merits by hitting the "up-vote" arrow next to comments on the game pages.

Do not bug the moderators or admins to give you merits. They will most likely be sad for the rest of the day if you do.

Also check out this guide, if you want more info.

Merits are basically a reward for a well written game review, or for winning a contest in the forums.
[/quote]
Any more specific questions about merits?

Posted Dec 18, '08 at 3:54pm

ShintetsuWA

ShintetsuWA

3,305 posts

Of course, it really doesn't help when people just reply after the question has been solved either. When a common help sticky is being made, this question will be the first on the list, because many users can't seem to look before they find what they are looking for.

And other, more experienced users seem to have forgotten that agreeing and copying what the above user has said is wrong. So don't do it Stonester, NarutoFreak, and Nepat. Must we make the stickies highlighted with bright orange and give the name flashing lights for users to obviously see?

Posted Dec 19, '08 at 1:52pm

Zophia

Zophia

9,535 posts

Spam replies deleted, thread locked to prevent more of them.
Doesn't anyone check the Help page or the FAQ anymore?