Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

Spam... its failure

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 11:11pm

Annihalation

Annihalation

491 posts

Everyone hates spam. People do it all the time. Is there any way to remove a thread on a forum? It sucks because I have a Forum RPG (called World of Chaos) and in the middle of it someone stuck a HUGE thread, I think of a free rider map...

Also, a second question. What does flagging a comment/reply do?

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 11:13pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,017 posts

Knight

You mean posts in a thread? Ask a mod, or flag it.

Flagging makes it easier for the mods to see the post, I guess.

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 11:17pm

Zophia

Zophia

9,535 posts

Flagging a comment allegedly sends a little message to a database the admins can access.
Moderators can not see flagged comments...

But it is possible for a mod or admin to delete certain posts as well as entire threads. So if someone have spammed your RPG (which I think is well made, btw), you can ask one of them to delete that spam.

Posted Dec 16, '08 at 2:08pm

Carlie

Carlie

7,222 posts

Knight

But it is possible for a mod or admin to delete certain posts as well as entire threads. So if someone have spammed your RPG (which I think is well made, btw), you can ask one of them to delete that spam.

Precisely! If you run into a problem like this, you can notify a moderator or myself and we can take care of it for you. You can also make sure to flag the offending post.

Flagging a comment allegedly sends a little message to a database the admins can access.

Yep! When you flag a comment, it gets sent to us and we can review it.

Posted Dec 19, '08 at 1:26am

Annihalation

Annihalation

491 posts

Thank you all for your time and help. It gives a person good feelings to know that there are people willing to help =).

Reply to Spam... its failure

You must be logged in to post a reply!