ForumsArt, Music, and WritingZombie Story

40 27538
superpickle
superpickle
689 posts
Peasant

Think I might try write a zombie story - it's the holidays and I got nothing better to do! :P

Chapter One - The Awakening
Tom woke up to the sound of glass smashing. He bolted upright in his bed, and turned on his bedside lamp. He jumped as he saw a figure by his wardrobe, but then he relaxed when he realised it was just his reflection in his mirror. He wiped his long dark hair out of his eyes and got out of bed. Wondering what the noise could have been he walked along the corridor to his parents room. Tom was only 16, and he trusted his parents with anything. He wanted to ask them what the noise was. However, as the door swung inward, Tom was met with a ghastly sight. His father was sat hunched over the body of his mother, her stomach ripped open. He was greedily devouring her innards, tearing and biting at any bit of flesh he could get his hands on. Tom screamed and backed out of the room, not believing his eyes. His father turned around, and Tom choked with shock. A large chunk of his fathers face was missing, and his whole bottom jaw had been ripped off. All that was left of the lower half of his face was a nose, his upper jaw and a tongue. A gaping hole was left where his lower jaw should be, and the hole led straight to his throat. Tom turned and started to run. His father leaped up with a roar and chased him along the corridor and down the stairs. Tom ran to the front door and wrenched it open. Ducking through, he looked back to see his mutated father close on his heels. As Tom ran out of his house, he tripped and fell on his face. He quickly turned over and began to shuffle away backwards from his looming father. His father began to swing his arm towards Tom when a gunshot rang clear through the night. Tom's fathers head was blown to peices as he took the bullet straight to the face. His corpse wandered aimlessly for a fews seconds before falling to ground. Tom looked round for the marksman, and saw his old neighbour, Ted, with a shotgun crooked in one arm and a walking stick tucked under the other. Ted was 68 and had lived next door to Tom's family for 34 years.
"Come quickly boy," rasped Ted. "That shot will have alerted more of them. they'll be headed here right now."
Tom sat still for a moment bewildered.
"Do you want to die, boy? Come on, or I'll leave you for them. No point draggin' you along, that'll just slow me down."
Trembling, Tom stood up. He took the arm offered to him by Ted and together they hurried off into the night.

• 40 Replies
Bricks
Bricks
17 posts
Nomad

Nice story, it was very interesting. First off, your grammar was excellent. The parent scene was very gruesome. I would like to hear more of these stories, because it kept me on the edge of my seat.

kell84
kell84
241 posts
Nomad

This was a great story and I like it. I will be waiting for more and I hope they come!

~kell84~

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

While it was captivsting, it was short for such a good story! It was a little gory, so I wouldn't recommend putting it here, since some kids come on here.

superpickle
superpickle
689 posts
Peasant

its only chapter one i'll do chapter two soon
kids see loads of gory stuff - Darren Shan has some of the most gory books i've ever read, and kids love those!

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

back to the ol' zombie stuff ayy?

darkd00m
darkd00m
505 posts
Nomad

That was awesome!

looking forward to chapter two, good job! Plus, half his face was just cut off, i understand it's going to be bloody but hows that gory? i seen worse, WAY worse.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

YES. I luv zombiezzz.

Anyway I liked it I can't wait for Chp.2, it's good to see the zombie-stories rise once again, they're usually the best imo XP
Tom and Ted, Ted and Tom, Tomed*yay for nonsense* =)

While it was captivsting, it was short for such a good story! It was a little gory, so I wouldn't recommend putting it here, since some kids come on here.

I don't think it's that bad, but if for others perhaps a Mod could put up a 'Warning: Material may not be suitable for children.' or something, but then that would just attract the younger minds here huh? Dang curiosity, I know I would look at gory zombie killings >_>
p10xm0nk3y
p10xm0nk3y
91 posts
Nomad

Excelent! I'll be back everyday looking for more, please keep writing, the story is great...!

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Very well written. Hope you update soon!

superpickle
superpickle
689 posts
Peasant

Chapter Two - Survivor
Tom was sat with Ted in an alleyway, hidden behind a dumpster.
"What happened to my Dad?" he asked with tears in his eyes. "Why was he attacking Mum?"
Ted looked at the boy sadly. He sighed, and then said,
"Look Tom. There's no easy way to say this. It seems like the end of the world as we know it could be approaching."
"What do you mean?" cried Tom.
"From what I can tell, we appear to be entering a zombie apocalypse. Last night, I was walking back to my house from the bar. It was late, probably around midnight. I was surprised then to see so many people on the streets, just shufflin' about. It was very dark. One of them walked up to me, and groaned. I asked it what the matter was, and it stepped forward into the light of a street lamp... I could tell he was dead straight away. How could he not be? His stomach was split right open, and his entrails were draggin' along the ground behind him. His eyes were lifeless, and his mouth and lips were stained with blood. He made a lunge for me, and I hit at him with my stick. He stumbled under the blow, and fell backwards onto a gatepost. It impaled him through his chest, and he just slid down the wood. I thought I had finished the bugger off, but he just groaned and started to wave his arms about helplessly. When I looked around, I saw his shouts had attracted more of them. I ran inside to fetch my shotgun, and when I ran back onto the street, I saw one of them attacking you. I had no idea it was your father... He was so deformed it was impossible for me to tell. I'm sorry."
Tom sat there for a moment, silent. When he looked back to Ted, tears were streaming down his face.
"My Mum and Dad... They're gone."
Ted put an arm around Tom, trying to comfort him. Suddenly, a figure appeared silhouetted in the darkness.
"Quickly boy," whispered Ted, leaping up. "Get in the dumpster!"
Tom leapt to the dumpster and quickly pulled open the lid. He threw himself inside, and landed on something hard. When he removed the object from the small of his back to inspect it, he saw it was a crowbar. He clenched it tightly in his hands. All he could hear was his own breathing and the sound of Ted's footsteps as he proceeded down the alleyway to find out who the silhouette was. Suddenly, there was a large shout from Ted, shortly followed by two sharp gunshots. Tom curled into a protective ball and wrapped his arms around his head. He could still hear the muffled screams of Ted, and the sound of tearing flesh. As soon as they had started, the screams were cut off. The only sounds left were the sounds of chewing and grunting. Tom curled up even tighter, and lay still, crying silently.

kell84
kell84
241 posts
Nomad

That is really good. I hope Ted didn't get killed. Well he probably did the way you put it. But this is good. Keep it going!

~kell84~

superpickle
superpickle
689 posts
Peasant

thanks, you find out in chapter 3 what happened to Ted

superpickle
superpickle
689 posts
Peasant

thanks, you find out in chapter 3 what happened to Ted

chibilin
chibilin
131 posts
Nomad

hope it doesnt take too much i want more
8d72bn

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

OMG IS TED GUNNA DIE???

Must find out, must find out, must find out, must find out....

Showing 1-15 of 40