ForumsGamesAchievements

20 5371
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

I'm sure all of us have seen the achievements box promising to be released in a future update. What achievements do you want to see?

• 20 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I find most achievements in games that have them useless and asinine. I was disappointed when I saw achievements. What achievements could there be? Re-spec a few times, hit a certain amount of damage? I hope not. Defeating so-and-so within a certain amount of moves or time limit or without attacking, those would be interesting achievements, but I find having records (in place of or in addition to achievements) would better suffice, since an achievement would have be set amount while a record would continually shift as the player performs beyond the achievement.

xMakusx
xMakusx
34 posts
Nomad

Achievements are just like trophies, you get it done, and that's the end of that. Anyways, I would like to see achievements, but it has to be a sort of challenging way. If there is an achievement to beat the game, that makes sense, get through all 5 stages you're done (for now) but something useless wouldn't make sense. And there should be rewards for completing these achievements. Anything from armor, weapons, stats, more points for you to put in spells. That's basically what I would want :P

Lordofd511
Lordofd511
114 posts
Peasant

If you can't see how to get the achievments before you see them, you could get them for things like examining all the blood, or talking to all the people.

anubys
anubys
168 posts
Nomad

I can hardly wait for the achivement system!

VoltCruelerz
VoltCruelerz
501 posts
Nomad

I think that you ought to be able to see what the requirements are, just not the reward.

Anything from armor, weapons, stats, more points for you to put in spells. That's basically what I would want :P

Perhaps have some sort of shop that is in achievements and each time you get a trophy, you get a credit which you can use to buy lots of attribute points, a couple skill points, or super weapons/armor for your class like in Sonny 1. Perhaps the super weapons/armor could scale slowly with your class so at level 1-5, it is negligible but at 25-30, they are unbeatable. I am an electro psycho so that will be my example.

Charged Death
level 1
Type: Weapon [ 2-handed Staff]
Bonuses: Speed+(lvl/2)
Instinct+(lvl*4)
Vitality+(lvl)
Lightning Piercing+(lvl*5%)
Shadow Piercing+(lvl*5%)

You would also have corresponding armor to go with it, but this is just an idea...
VoltCruelerz
VoltCruelerz
501 posts
Nomad

Due to lack of input from others and an edit button, I will go ahead and make some corresponding armor to go with it in a separate post...

Mental Focus
level 1
Type: Armor [Helmet]
Bonuses: Speed+(lvl/2)
Instinct+(lvl*2)
Vitality+(lvl)
Focus+(lvl*2)

Arc Crest
level 1
Type: Armor [Chestplate]
Bonuses: Speed+(lvl/3)
Instinct+(lvl*4)
Vitality+(lvl*2)
Focus+(lvl)
Lightning Piercing+(lvl*4)
Shadow Piercing+(lvl*4)
Physical Defense+(lvl)

Charged Deathgrip
level 1
Type: Armor [Gauntlets]
Bonuses: Speed+(lvl)
Instinct+(lvl)
Vitality+(lvl)
Lightning Piercing+(lvl*5)
Shadow Piercing+(lvl*2)

Shadow Step
level 1
Type: Armor [Shoes]
Bonuses: Speed+(lvl*3)
Instinct+(lvl/2)
Vitality+(lvl)
Lightning Piercing+(lvl*2)
Shadow Piercing+(lvl*5)

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

A little (lot) overpowered.

VoltCruelerz
VoltCruelerz
501 posts
Nomad

Yah, I understand that but now that I am on a roll so now I'll say some other things...

As for actual achievements, I will put some ideas down and credit (things used to get skill points/attribute points/elite armor) values.

Bear in mind these are just ideas and am listing everything I can think of, so understand that I don't mean all this, just throwing around ideas...

Get your first critical-1
Get your first 1000 damage hit-1
Get your first 10,000 damage hit-3
Get your first 50,000 damage hit-5
Kill a "non-zone 1" enemy in one hit-1
Defeat Felicity-2
Defeat Felicity without losing Veradux-1
Defeat the Baron-2
Defeat the Baron without losing either member-2
Defeat the Deceiver-2
Defeat the Deceiver without losing either member-2
Defeat the Hydra-2
Defeat the Hydra without losing a team member-2
Defeat the Mayor-3
Defeat the mayor without losing a team member-3
Win the game on easy-1
Win the game on medium-3
Win the game on hard-5
Get the three superweapons-3 (supremacy, death sentence, wrath of the council)
Win the game solo style-10
Win the game with no deaths-5
Win the game with less than 10 deaths-3
Win the game with less than 20 deaths-1
Get a career damage dealt total of 10,000-1
Get a career damage dealt total of 100k-3
Get a career damage dealt total of 1mil-5
Get a career damage received of 10k-1 [for the next few, void damages received in battles in which you died]
Get a career damage received of 100k-3
Get a career damage received of 1mil-5
Get a career damage blocked of 10k-1 (as in blocked by free will)
Get a career damage blocked of 100k-3
Get a career damage blocked of 1mil-5
Get a career damage healed of 10k-1
Get a career damage healed of 100k-3
Get a career damage healed of 1mil-5

Now for the shop, credits on left; what you get is on the right...

1-10 attribute points or respec
2-1 skill point
4-increase level of a character
5-super weapons/armor
10-increase damage dealt/health by 150% (passively)

Anyways, just some ideas... Once more, I know I listed about fifty achievements, I intentionally did that so that others could get ideas...

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

How about play the game X number of times

Click on the advertising link XXXX number of times

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Again, I think you're focusing too much on making your character more powerful. The game is balanced to be difficult and fun, and adding in unlockable skills and uber weapons might throw off this balance. I'd suggest something along the lines of new unlockable zones, bosses, cutscenes, or eastereggs, if Krin plans to make an "achievement shop."

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

...Or in the least if it IS items, funny ones like how they had the Rocker suit but different.

Maybe like the Baron costume or something.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Killer rabbit as a pet/party member.

No_Stress
No_Stress
366 posts
Nomad

I dont think we gonna receive anything by achieve an achievement, achievements are to be achieve, that's all.
Just like Half Life 2.

RubberyChicken
RubberyChicken
956 posts
Nomad

Killer rabbit as a pet/party member.

Absolutely, and maybe the Holy Hand Grenade as an item (or decoration of some sort)?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe Stage 6 will be unlocked through an achievement.

Or the prize could be the chance to fight some enemies again, like the antagonist, phantom and beast team so I could get all the items. Or a bigger inventory or such.

Showing 1-15 of 20