ForumsGamesJust an Idea...

20 4204
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

After playing Sonny and Sonny 2 i found my self wondering why have rifles if all u use them for is for stats and wacking people with.

So i thought it would be awesome if each gun came with its own power that u could choose to equip.

The power is of course being able to shoot at ur opponent with ur ammo.

u would be able to shoot as long as u had ammo and i guess ur ammo would recharge after each battle.
*EXAMPLE* you have the sniper rifle equipped and it comes with 5 bullets each fight, the bullets are very powerful and are very accurate but u only have 5 of them.

Well it only an idea, what do you think?

• 20 Replies
PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

I think the guns in Sonny are actually similar to "Magic Guns" and it's actually is what is giving Veradux and the ZPCI the powers they can use, the attacking ones at least.

Komaka
Komaka
7 posts
Nomad

Yeah, that's probably it. Except Vera can, in fact, shoot magic bolts from his hands (you see him shooting an Electrobolt at Felicity's car)

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

well i kno they have ammo,and i want to use it lol. any ways in the opening video vera gets ready to shoot his storm rifle but gets stabed thru the head with a knife before he can.

steven66s
steven66s
192 posts
Nomad

nah it would ruin the game, it's fine as it is.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

i dont kno how it would ruin the game, u could explain why.

and as for another idea, it would be cool to have certain weapons come with their own powers.

Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

maybe just making the guns a main hand and they can only fire with ammo in the off hand slot, etc. If you leave it empty you get default ammo but you can put in specialty rounds in them. They shouldn't go away when used though.

steven66s
steven66s
192 posts
Nomad

by making the ability to have "ammo" it would move away from the game plot and it would make rifles overpowered, as well if you are giving ammo to guns staffs and swords would be left out. and i think Krin would've added ammo if it was nessasary to the game which it is not.
_________
Don't forget to click the pretty red egg

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

i dont think it would be OP because the ammo would be limited (the better the more limited) and as for the story i imagine that they use their weapons properly.

xMakusx
xMakusx
34 posts
Nomad

Well you see Bronze, if they did add ammo to those rifles, then what kind of stats would you want to put your points in? Strength is physical, Vitality is health, Speed is dodge and higher damage, and Instinct is magic. So everything has to have a "group" to fit in. Roald and Veradux use rifles, but they mostly either Heal or Cast Spells. They both just hit the enemies just do get focus back if you haven't seen that already.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

i guess i see ur point Makus, i only thought it would add a little more strategy to have a power that u cant just spam with, but actually have to use in critical situations,

but what about the idea of certain weapons coming with their own powers, lets say the wardens weapon came with his death sentence power

ElvenWarlord3912
ElvenWarlord3912
36 posts
Nomad

I agree with bronze on the weapons with powers. All of the weapons are rather generic. With certain powers each one would have its own certain flair that could be used to each gamer's own style. A better depth I guess. Right now it's just pick the one that increases your stats the most, which is sort of a primitive play style.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

It could be a piece just for the classe, but one of the classes can have an ability that'll increase it's damage by 400% for 1 turn (Aim for the Heart) meanwhile the guns bullets itself will be quite weak, only with limited ammo that will recharge but can really be a good finisher if it lets you fire first even without alot of speed

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

It could be a piece just for the classe, but one of the classes can have an ability that'll increase it's damage by 400% for 1 turn (Aim for the Heart) meanwhile the guns bullets itself will be quite weak, only with limited ammo that will recharge but can really be a good finisher if it lets you fire first even without alot of speed

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

well ammo would screw up the base of the game so krin probobly wont add it, but good idea

Showing 1-15 of 20