ForumsGamesAnyone else vaguely dissapointed (and feel bad about it?)

5 2419
InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Don't get me wrong, more Sonny is a great thing... but I *really* miss the stat "glitch" from Sonny 1.

It's so cool, in fact, that I think it has to be a feature, not a bug.

So where is the similar feature in Sonny 2? I loved collecting armor and weapons and consuming them. =(

• 5 Replies
xMakusx
xMakusx
34 posts
Nomad

Well, I personally think that it shouldn't be included into Sonny 2 because I remember the game was passed so much easier than you were actually supposed to play it.

In Sonny 2, that "bug" isn't there because Krin wants us to play strategically and not just a 30,000 crit on easy mode. Normally if you played the game that would be impossible, and you do make a lot of money, but if you finished the game, the paragraph did say "there might be more zones and places to go to"

Now we just have to wait

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

What's the point of beating a game with just glitches and cheats? Takes all the fun and challenge away if you can 1 hit KO sinjid in Zone 4.

Plus, the only reason I could even imagine for cheating in a game is to follow the storyline, and Sonny had no storyline after Zone 1 basically (you get the tape, you fight zombies in zone 2, you fight shamans and baron supporters in Z3, that's all).

Sonny 2 is admittedly a lot more challenging than Sonny 1 (in challenging/heroic mode that is) save for the Sinjid battle in Z4. But if everybody else is beating the game on challenging/heroic mode, then you should be able to too, even if it takes you 12 hours to do so.

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

I enjoyed playing different classes (and specs) in Sonny from scratch and farming up gear to augment them with. I played each class at least once, and one of the classes I played 3 different ways, all from scratch.

But here is the thing - you and I appear to have opposed viewpoints on this, but consider this. If Sonny 2 had a 'glitch-feature' like this, and you convinced me you were right, then all I have to do is not use it.

Since it doesn't, if I were to convince you I was right (and there is no right or wrong here, there is just preference) then we would both have to be unhappy with the lack of the glitch-feature.

In other words, chill out. "You're doing it wrong" when it comes to gaming is just patently ridiculous.

Bejita463
Bejita463
16 posts
Nomad

I understand what you are saying, but I do not agree that tere is no right or wrong in it. Krin never intended for that glitch to be there in the first place or it WOULD be in Sonny 2 as well.

Playing a game in a manner its creator did not intend it to be played is either innovative, or cheating. The fact Krin didn't include it in Sonny 2 lends weight to which of those possibilities he believed it to be.

imthebest
imthebest
1,690 posts
Nomad

yeh it was fun causing 10 kilos of damage to your opponents with that glitch but you just have to remember that a glitch is a glitch

Showing 1-5 of 5