ForumsGamesWhy Sonny 2 is ridiculously easy.

12 8481
SubZero950813
SubZero950813
10 posts
Nomad

Sonny 2 is really easy if you have time. All you have to do is keep leveling yourself up in a training fight, and then suddenly you're level 17 in zone 2. Then, if you're a Hydraulic, just get Avenger Form and Decimate (Wreck and Demolish help too), and then go insane on everyone you meet. Unstoppable juggernaut.
My suggestion: put a limit on training fights so that people who have insane time like me won't level up, beat the game hands-down, say, "that was dumb" and then never play another game of yours again.

• 12 Replies
PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

I usually get to level 21 in Zone 2.

Also, a Cold Hydraulic could defeat ANY hot hydraulic such as your character ANY day...

Also, an Electric Psychologist has a better combo.

I also think a speed based Bio is better than a Hot Hydraulic with Avenger form.

Are you on easy?

Bejita463
Bejita463
16 posts
Nomad

I think that fact that you essentially control the difficulty of your own experience with the game is one of the things that makes it great. If you want a challenge, you can try to beat the game without training at all, or perhaps without using your allies.

No one is forcing you to level up like that. If you think it would be better in a different way, play it that way.

daleksparta
daleksparta
1,648 posts
Nomad

aren't we overlooking the bio's nuke? (Shadow Blend + Vicious Strike)

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Isn't Slash better with a speed Bio?

VoltCruelerz
VoltCruelerz
501 posts
Nomad

Well, if we are talking about easy ways to beat the game, there are ways to mess with it quite easily. Here is a way to kill anyone in six turns...(max out all the following skills)

High Voltage+High Voltage+Shock Coma+ H V + H V + Retrograde. (You also need overdrive, and to my knowledge it finally works as advertised or at least in this combo.) The enemy ends up receiving 100% of their health as damage. So, bye bye baron... the only thing that can stop this is dispelling a buff, so just go in the baron fight solo and win in six turns...

Also, charged blood+shock therapy (when not bugging) obliterates anything, plus wraith form is a nice bonus too...

Cold Hydro vs Warm Hydro... Well, cold hydro wins, but only because they do nothing but debuff/shatter you all day long... Their measly little debuffs suddenly start making you realize that when everything you do is debuffed, it makes the game pretty dang hard...

Yes speed bios are also insanely powerful... The point is, there are ways to get cheap shots with any class. The idea is to master them.

I prefer psycho and bio just because they have more direct systems of attack. I like warm hydro, but a lot of hydro's good attacks are in the cold bracket and I am not wasting 5 skill points just to get the attacks I want...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

High Voltage+High Voltage+Shock Coma+ H V + H V + Retrograde. (You also need overdrive, and to my knowledge it finally works as advertised or at least in this combo.) The enemy ends up receiving 100% of their health as damage. So, bye bye baron... the only thing that can stop this is dispelling a buff, so just go in the baron fight solo and win in six turns...

There's an easier way.

Shock Coma + Shock Coma + High Voltage + Retrogade

with Overdrive.
VoltCruelerz
VoltCruelerz
501 posts
Nomad

Hadn't thought of that but that is kinda obvious... But you are correct... That works too, and given it takes less time, it is better...

Indurrago
Indurrago
8 posts
Nomad

SubZero950813, have you tried Heroic mode AND soloing the game at the same time yet?

Juperos
Juperos
9 posts
Nomad

do i get any credit for discovering that 4 hit KO move :P
nevermind, i'm sure shock coma will be nerfed anyway...maybe you'll be limited to just 1 slot of shock coma or maybe they won't stack...yea i think that's a better nerf option
then we'll all have to use VoltCruelerz's tactic

reswantur
reswantur
10 posts
Nomad

Wasn't I the one who reveal the 4-rounds-to-kill method first in the topic "Suggested Lv12 Psychological Build" Posted Dec 28, '08 at 12:05pm? :P

After searching the article, the earliest similar idea was first proposed by bugreport in the topic "Killing ANY boss in 5 rounds" Posted Dec 24, '08 at 10:09am.

Nevermind, I think we can all discover by ourselves.

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Maybe Krin was too lazy to make Sonny 2 Harder or either some noobs complained about how freakishly hard Sonny is even though it's not Sonny was probably the easiest RPG i have ever played because of the glitches

Juperos
Juperos
9 posts
Nomad

reswantur, i guess you're right

@SubZero
easy mode was meant to be easy man

Showing 1-12 of 12