ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPresidental Campaigns 2009: ArmorLand

233 37877
TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc6/sidkun/armorland.png
Hello! And welcome to the elections of 2009, Armorland!
In this competition/tournament, the point is to convince the most possible audience and judges (me), to vote for them! How? Well that is the challenge! Use art, make posters, badges, make poems, stories, speeches, do whatever it takes (as long as you follow the Armorland rules) to be the next pretendesident of Armorland!

This is how it works:
There will be different rounds. Each round lasts a couple of days/weeks. This rounds consist making speeches, shows, marches, whatever it takes too complete the challenge! You can use yourself as a candidate or one of your characters.

Rules:
Use only your own content. Be appropriate, and don't flame, spam anything. Don't use actual political campaigns/sides, to evade discussions and offense. Follow the Armorgame rules. Be cool.

The First Round:
The first round is simple, just post a short description of your character/persona/whatever, and post a picture (not needed, but preferred). Be ready to accept the rules and realize that you will have to complete small challenges, containing art/writing, speeches, and answering questions, for example. Eventually the people votes will be important - but also the judges (who is currently just me, but I will add more later if I can), who are the most important part (to keep it fair). Go nuts.

• 233 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

can I get points for making smileys?

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

"I eat babies,

baby penguins!

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/grahaam/babypenguins.jpg
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

graham that was a nice turn around, and for the rest of you....

can I get extra points for not slandering any of my opponents?

Can i get points for being endorsed by a cat?

can I get points for making smileys?

Can I get points for asking for points?or or or for....I got nothing.Still.....

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/SealofApproval-1.jpg
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

baby penguins!

yeah well graham is here caught with a prostitute in a strict NO PROSTITUTE ZONE.

CENSORED

later he took her home and payed her to pee on his chest. lol.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

*blonde angelguy shows up* And like any campaign, it all end up in a mud fight. Fascinating. *blonde angelguy wanders off again*

"I would like to know, dear 'Sid, how can a haiku about the campaign show out culture? There is nothing cultural, nor civilized about this campaign."

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

"I would like to know, dear 'Sid, how can a haiku about the campaign show out culture? There is nothing cultural, nor civilized about this campaign."

Why So Analytical?In other words does it matter?
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

"It matter to me? Also because it is a bad reason to throw a Haiku challenge, if you need the culture, when it ends up a bad poem about yourself, mudding the other candidates... Or, well, ends up like mine. I do not make poems, and especially not Haikus, but I had to, right? I want a reason."

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

yeah well graham is here caught with a prostitute in a strict NO PROSTITUTE ZONE.
CENSORED
later he took her home and payed her to pee on his chest. lol.

i definetally don't want you to pee on my chest
stop talking in 3rd person...

and if you really wanted to bash me try something a lil funnier
TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

Challenge 5: Second Speech.
Itâs time for another speech! But this time, it has a theme! Well.. themes. The candidate has to make their speeches based one one of the themes. They can choose whichever!

>Pollution >Economy >Over Population

Will be choosing winner later.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Economy:

The economy is in a bad shape, we all know that. My candidates will tell you this in cleverly disguised ways that will make it sound like they are doing something. But I am going to propose solutions, and actually tell you straight up what i am gonna do without spin.

First of all, I will create more ads for the site but in none annoying ways and places. For example, in the forums at that bottom of the page (except where the online list is) i will place ads there. Because all that extra space is not being used and it is not annoying.

But, the one downside to this is lag. So i will invest money into discovering ways to make the ads lag free, and quickly enough, the ads will pay for themselves meaning that they will make enough money to cover that research and then more for profit.

Second, games that are popular and are all over the internet and are made by AG developers, i will keep them exclusively here for a set amount of time. Because, many people create accounts so they can comment rate and discuss the games. Internet flow will shift to here. So, at the point were other sites are becoming desperate to get users back, i will sell them the games for top notch price (giving the developer a reasonable cut of course), and making money.

I will also invest money into upgrading the ban hammer so that way there as less spammers and less drainage on the site.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Over Population:

Any or all accounts that haven't been active for at least 6 months will be deleted causing there to be a super increase in fastyness of this site

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

i definetally don't want you to pee on my chest
stop talking in 3rd person...

Nah, you mistake me for your sister ;P
lol *endflamewarplzthx*

and if you really wanted to bash me try something a lil funnier

Lol, I slandered Ricador and crimson, not you, so you really didn't have a right or purpose to mess with me, besides the all famous cruddy excuse: "Because I could"
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

hey.. i just thought of the idea of messing with your smiley in a way that seemed humorous to me... you retaliated with slanderous low blow which i felt like you were trying all that you could but ended up looking pathetic

nothing always has to have a purpose

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Wood - Lord

Flag

hey.. i just thought of the idea of messing with your smiley in a way that seemed humorous to me... you retaliated with slanderous low blow which i felt like you were trying all that you could but ended up looking pathetic

nothing always has to have a purpose

I know my good chum, flame warring is a hobby of mine ;P lol.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

"Pollution is a serious problem, and a problem to all of us! When the gabbage was only in the smaller streets, it was easy to look it over and remove it, but now the dirt is spreading all over the alleys and onto the main streets. It is getting harder to remove it all, and since the main streets are in focus, the dirt rises in the small streets, making it so much harder to find a way around it.
We need to focus, not only on the dirt in the light, but also on the dirt in the corners and under the carpet.
Because in that dirt, there are poison, and it spread through the gabbage. And it corrupt the smal treasures in it.
We need to protect the treasures."

Showing 211-225 of 233