ForumsWEPRNew sins! Weeee!

26 5428
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

First, a quick run down.

There are now a few new sins! Great. Because, you know, Catholics needed more. Oh, and did I mention the sins are actual one issues from the Vatican? Mhhm. Not just some crazy southern baptist making ones up.

Whole story is here(providing the link works):
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/03/10/vatican.updates.sins.ap/index.html?iref=hpmostpop

If not, just check it out on cnn.com

Read it and tell me what you think, I am interested and want to discuss.

• 26 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Oh, I know! There is just something inherently wrong in all of this.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

No, racism means that a person is discriminated against because of the color of their skin.

What this is, is ridiculous.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

..is there some reason when a potentially world-changing thing happens and we discuss that someone needs to come in and muck things up with limited reasoning skills? *sigh*

Anyways...
It is ridiculous. Over in the States, where a lot of laws are already made based on Catholic and Christian values, what do you think is going to happen now? There is the potential for the most obscene laws and regulations to get passed.

Stem-cell research (which has been proven to be able to heal and cure) has gotten enough trouble already. The funding is next to nothing. I doubt what stem-cell research needed was a bunch of pissed-off old men making it a sin.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

I hate to say, I agree. There is nothing wrong with half the sins listed (and plent right with stem cell research and birth control). But drugs do hurt your brain. Just google "effects of marajuana" or any other drug.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Oh please. Sure, it might have some ill effects. But look at what is legal. Booze, smokes, women drivers...All are just as bad, if not worse, than any illegal drug.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

*pretends to be offended about that comment*

WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
484 posts
Nomad

There goes Christianity, trying to bring down the whole world.

Skidzy
Skidzy
35 posts
Nomad

lol more sins

Erako
Erako
121 posts
Nomad

Polluting our planet is a great new sin because we have to treasure what belongs to God and so...polluting does not do that!

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Whole list of 7 more sins:
1. "Bioethical" violations such as birth control

This reminds me of the wonderful song... Every Sperm is Sacred... Gotta love Monty Python.

I agree with some of these, as they actually have some good rationale both on the religious bases and on common sense ones. Drugs are bad, mmmkay, but I think that just because it's illegal shouldn't make it a sin. Tattoos were illegal in my state up until a few years ago, so I'd be a pretty bad sinner... haha
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Or we could always ignore them and hope they make 'amendments' c.c

Showing 16-26 of 26